PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's my problem the bike runs great but it has a loud winding sound that gets louder and quieter as my boy speeds up and slows down. I believe it's the bearings in the wheel on the drive chain tensioner. Does that even make sense?

I recently took a link out of the chain b/c it had some slack and kept slipping off (the tensioner was all the way tight too) so after I took out the link and the chain is snug now it makes the noise.

I believe the chain was loose and the tensioner wasn't spinning.... and now it is.... because the chain is spinning it....???
I have the same issue right now. I'm trying to diagnose this. Is that a tensioner issue? Did you fix the issue? I assume you did as this was a while ago.

Again new guy here! Thanks for everyone's help!

CFA

·
Registered
578 Posts
Is the chain tight? I am not familiar with the trx70 chain tension. On the atc70 you can see what I did on post #30

·
Registered
16 Posts
I think I will do the same thing with the 43mm roller. Was your lower guide that is on the sheetmetal cover still there? I can't find one of those either.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discontinued and very hard to find.The ATC70 uses the same part. Chain guide #8
tmas
Ya I see it discontinued everywhere. I modeled it up and am thinking of 3d printing it. I don't know if it was rubber or plastic though because mine is totally missing. Chain kept falling off and found the tensioner rubber off of the bearing and then found that guide gone too. at least the upper and lower sliders are there! They're EXPENSIVE!!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
10,674 Posts
Ya I see it discontinued everywhere. I modeled it up and am thinking of 3d printing it. I don't know if it was rubber or plastic though because mine is totally missing. Chain kept falling off and found the tensioner rubber off of the bearing and then found that guide gone too. at least the upper and lower sliders are there! They're EXPENSIVE!!!!!!
They sure are expensive for a piece of rubber. Let me see if I can Find one but I think they were rubber. I will take a pic.
tmas.

·
Super Moderator
10,674 Posts
Here are some pics of #
Ya I see it discontinued everywhere. I modeled it up and am thinking of 3d printing it. I don't know if it was rubber or plastic though because mine is totally missing.
Here are some pics..
tmas

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey awesome pics! The green one looks like plastic of some type. Probably a wear resistant Teflon isee on other chain guides. I don't know if 3d printers have a plastic like that but I guess something is better than nothing. I'll post a pic of the model I quickly made.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey awesome pics! The green one looks like plastic of some type. Probably a wear resistant Teflon isee on other chain guides. I don't know if 3d printers have a plastic like that but I guess something is better than nothing. I'll post a pic of the model I quickly made.
If you can get it to work...I maybe be in the market for one!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I don't have the computer I modeled it on tonight, but a friend is 3D printing it tonight. We talked about wear but figured it's better than nothing being there. I've also seen like a slide that maybe you could drill a couple of holes in the chain case to mount it. I'll keep looking. And hopefully in a day or two I'll just post a pic of the printed part.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Looking Pretty good.If you want measurements let me know.
tmas
Thanks! We'll see how this fits and I may take you up on that offer. I'm sure I am off some but I don't know how critical it is to be exact. Printing as I type! Should have them tomorrow!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts