PlanetMinis Forums banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1972 Honda Z50A, 1976 Honda 90, 2007 BMW R1200RT, 2012 Triumph Bonneville
29 Posts
Looking very nice! I’ve just ordered my parts, so expect a bit of a wait. I’ve had to use 3 sources to manage to get everything. Did you replace the stator or just really clean it up nice?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Looking very nice! I’ve just ordered my parts, so expect a bit of a wait. I’ve had to use 3 sources to manage to get everything. Did you replace the stator or just really clean it up nice?
It’s rebuilt with I believe this kit: TB Stator Assembly - ATC70 (For CT70/Z50 but will work) - TBparts.com

Often times Tbolt will have the TBparts parts in stock. I just google the part number to see who has what in-stock.

I do have the original stator which may have been fine but since I went with so many other new parts I just added the stator kit to the list. I will have a pile of stuff to sell soon between this bike and others I’ve done.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Anyone know if the axles from from a CT70 are the same length and diameter as the Z50? CHP has the CT70 axles in stock in the style I want. Mine are 12mm in diameter and 7.5” for the front and 8.25” on the rear.

·
Super Moderator
10,269 Posts
I know they are 12mm diameter, but I couldn't tell you the length of either the front or rear.

·
Super Moderator
10,269 Posts
I'm pretty sure a bolt length is measured from under the head (shoulder) of the bolt to the tip of the threaded end. It probably is close to being 7.5" long then

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
The last puzzle piece I’m missing is new fork legs. The ones I like are sold out. Does anyone know if the fork legs for the Z50R are the same diameter and length as the Z50?

The Z50R fork leg sets are available and I have a new boots and delrin bushings to install so I was thinking that I could just put those on and have what I need. Here is what I’m looking to see will fit and be the right length.

TB Aftermarket Fork Set - Z50R 79-99 Models - TBparts.com

·
Super Moderator
10,269 Posts
Yes, the Z50R legs will fit, but...

they mount to the forks with an inner lockring into a groove machined inside the fork leg uppers. They do not thread onto the base of the fork leg like the Z50A models do.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Yes, the Z50R legs will fit, but...

they mount to the forks with an inner lockring into a groove machined inside the fork leg uppers. They do not thread onto the base of the fork leg like the Z50A models do.
Thanks for the information.

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
The last puzzle piece I’m missing is new fork legs. The ones I like are sold out. Does anyone know if the fork legs for the Z50R are the same diameter and length as the Z50?

The Z50R fork leg sets are available and I have a new boots and delrin bushings to install so I was thinking that I could just put those on and have what I need. Here is what I’m looking to see will fit and be the right length.

TB Aftermarket Fork Set - Z50R 79-99 Models - TBparts.com
Yes, you can use these but the screw-on collar and boot from your original forks will need to be switched out for the later style ones. Sounds like you just need the lowers? If so, pretty sure Honda TB parts sells just that part. I bought several sets a while back and have used them on both style forks. They are the same ones that come on their full replacement fork sets. Incidentally, the tubing on the Honda TB fork lowers is about twice as thick as the originals and should be a lot more resistant to bending.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Yes, you can use these but the screw-on collar and boot from your original forks will need to be switched out for the later style ones. Sounds like you just need the lowers? If so, pretty sure Honda TB parts sells just that part. I bought several sets a while back and have used them on both style forks. They are the same ones that come on their full replacement fork sets. Incidentally, the tubing on the Honda TB fork lowers is about twice as thick as the originals and should be a lot more resistant to bending.
Thanks for the information. TBparts is currently sold out. Part availability has been the most challenging part of this one.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts