PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 76 Z50 about to receive a 90cc lifan. This lifan is from a pitbike without lights.

If someone could confirm I can remove the 50's 6v stator plate (also flywheel?) and leave it hanging while I do the swap. Then I could convert the lifan to 6v with lights. No harness work needed!

I just don't want to take both bikes apart to find out nothing fits.

·
Super Moderator
10,674 Posts
If the Lifan 90 is a cdi 12 volt motor the crankshaft taper might be different than the six volt Honda motor .
tmas

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I read what you wrote. I know what crank taper difference means. I don't want to sound rude but you didn't mention anything about the stator plate though so there was a chance you don't know everything. lol.

If I retained the Lifan flywheel and the rotor stator from the 76 Z50 were the same there could still be a chance it could be done.

·
Super Moderator
9,927 Posts
I read what you wrote. I know what crank taper difference means. I don't want to sound rude but you didn't mention anything about the stator plate though so there was a chance you don't know everything. lol.

If I retained the Lifan flywheel and the rotor stator from the 76 Z50 were the same there could still be a chance it could be done.
No need to mention the stator at all, suffice to say that it won't work due to the crank tapers.

Honda flywheels and Chinese stators don't work together, and vice versa.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the extra info. I'm trying to avoid butchering my original harness (if it wasn't obvious). I guess I'll start looking for a stator that runs lights and a full harness.

Thanks for knowing enough to save me the disappointment of finding out the hard way.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts