PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im going to get either a kitaco 75cc it or a takewaga 81cc kit. How much of a performance difference is there between these two. Im probaly just going to get the 75cc kit but im not sure. Im only 105 pounds so i dont need a whole lot of power i just need something to get me around the yard and up some hills better, and some tracks but i dont plan on racing just the track i ride at as a pretty nice 50 track. I dont really want a 88cc kit because i think it might be a litle bit of a waste because im not going to race and i just want a litle more power. Thanks guys

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Ill let you decide but here www.hondatrailbikes.com is a 88 kit for $165 ya cant beat that price. I have this kit cept its the one with the 20mm and it is incredible, I mean it rips. You wouldnt be dissapointed and I belive it is about the same as the Kitaco 75 or Take 81cc kit and this one would walk on both of those.

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea i was thinking about the trail bikes 88cc kit but i want my 50 to be sorta close to a crf 70. The reason is, is because my sister has a crf70 and when i have friends over we race them in the yard (or i race with my dad) and its fun becuase they are so close. My dad is probaly going got get a klx 110, or a sdg 107, or an extreme(im tried to talk him out of the extreme but he still wants one) When he gets one i might get a 88cc kit so i can keep up with him. Like i said i just want something to get me out of turns faster and stuff (i know a 50 with a 75 kit in it will be faster then a crf 70 but it will still be close, and that way i will have the faster bike lol :lol: ). I want to know how much performance differnce these two kits have or are they pretty much comparable?

And kickstand who it said posted on here was me but its my friends account and he was sighned on and i posted under his name my accident lol. sorry about that

G

·
just by a crf70 carb, head, piston, and cylinder. then they will be even. :lol: :lol: that would cost more than a big bore kit though. :? a 75 would probably be closest but it is your desicion all the way. i wouldn't want to invest in a 75 then get a 88 later. just my 2 cents :wink:

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well im not sure if my dad is going to get a mini or not. Plus my dad said he might get me a sano factory one kit for my birthday (which is in september) and by then i plan on already having bbk a carb cam a rev box. Then if i think i need or want more power then i will by a 88cc kit and my 50 will be done, if i like the 75cc kit then i will keep it. And i want my 50 to be a lilte bit faster then a 70 so i have the advantage :lol: and plus that would be alot more money to get all those things from a 70.

But once again back to my question lol.(put everything i said aside lol) How much of a performance difference is there between a 75cc and a 81cc big bore?

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
If you plan on gettn a 88 kit in the future I dont really see the point in getting a 75 now. But if you just want to run with the CRF70 then get the Kitaco 75 kit it will make the bikes very even. The 88 would walk on the 70, mine has massive power now over what it did, but gotta say I love it and it you ride one you will wont more. 8)

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
get the 75, i have one wit a classic jr pipe, rev box, and a 20mm carb & i beat a klx 110 in a flat out DRAG RACE downhill! and u have to watch out for reliability with the bigger engines, u start to need more things to have the rest of the motor hold up to it, and that = $$$$$$$$$$$ but if ya have it, go for the bigger engines

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
hahhahahahahah ur a funny guy.........whats the matter...wont ur badass bike beat one hahaahahah :lol:

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Im not sure if this is true or not so dont hold me against it. ive have heard that a 75cc kit can be faster then a 88cc kit on a tight track with not hills or small hills because it revs faster. Is there any truth to this? I agree that it would rev faster but wouldnt the torque of a 88 get you out of the turns better or does the fast reving of the 75 even it out? I can kinda agree with this becuase i have no problem keeping up with my dad on a tight track with no or little hills when hes on his yz250f and im on my yz85. Like i said dont hold me against this, i just want to know if there is any truth to this?

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
I dont know about that, my 88 has massive power and pulls like a mother out of corners. Me and my friend who has a xr80 were drag racing some and my 88 just walks on him, same with my friend who has a xr70, they dont even come close to the accelerartion I got.

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think im going to get the 75cc kit and then eventually get it stroked to make it around 90cc. Will a stroker motor rev a whole lot slower? i dont want a motor that revs to slow because the track i ride at most is pretty tight, but it doesnt need to be the fastest reving bike either beause the other track i ride at is a wide open track.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.