PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys' I have a '74 Z50 that's getting a little weak. I also have a mid. to late '70's model ATC70 motor. Will the cylinder and head work on the bottom end of the 50? I removed the cylinder and head a couple of years ago and don't remember the location of the intake manifold. I've seen some motors that the carb. sticks out of the side. I actually sent the 70 intake to a member here. Will this set-up help using the stock 50 carb. & intake? Greatfull for any help. Thanks

·
Registered
383 Posts
This setup works great, buy yourself a CT70 gasket set and you're on your way. I did a CT70 cylinder and piston (same as ATC70) on a Z50 bottom end with an ATC70 head. You'll find that the 50 carb and intake is not enough (struggles at mid to high rpm). Your best bet is to find another ATC70 intake and bolt the carb from your atc onto this bike with a pod style filter - you'll have to replace the fuel shut off with a simple fitting in the tank. Alternatively, I'd run a CRF70 carb and intake; as far as clearance, you'll probably have some issues. A swivel intake mount would be best.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.