PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm gonna get one of those cheap vietnamese kits on ebay eventually, but i dont know which to get. I dont really plan on getting a bigger head, or carb. Probably just a bigger main jet on the stock carb. Would the 81 have a disadvantge over the 72 just because it isn't getting enough fuel? Which would make more power...the price is within a couple dollars of eachother.

·
Registered
787 Posts
I have the 81, or 82 kit that bbr sells. It is perfect for just having fun. It's got enough power when you need it to hit a jump, or whatever, and it is totally reliable. I have the stock carb, and air box too. Bigger jet of course, and mild cam, and a pipe.

·
Registered
4,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SPLIT150: i bet some die hard PM ppl will be like save ur money and get a good kit. agree?

Billiam ElChulo: oh yah

Billiam ElChulo: i see that coming already

Billiam ElChulo: 10 recommendations to get the full race kit from trail bikes

SPLIT150: and u know jester will be the first one for the tb kit.

Billiam ElChulo: i dont have 420 bucks for my pitbike

Billiam ElChulo: lol

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
people rock 88's with stock carb, but the topend will lag badly with the stock carb and any bore kit. if your looking for a little more power for SUPER cheap, and you dont plan on racing, GO FO IT. 72-75-81cc whatever!

with the right tuning these motors can compete with the lowend 88s.

·
Registered
4,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The kits are like 87 shipped. They are not junk, they are the same parts you would get anywhere else. Most of the kits use ART pistons, which are stock in almost all bikes. A cylinder is a cylinder. I dont really see where you get off calling the stuff junk just because it is cheaper.

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
Run an 88 as your upgrade potential in the future will be greater. Run a 62 main with the 88BBK and you'll be good to go.

More piston choices for the 88 if you ever want to add a stroker crank.

·
Registered
4,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I dont know what you guys do with your 50's...but i'm not drag racing 250f's with mine. All i'm looking for is a little more low end grunt. By upgrade potential i mean carb, intake, head, exhaust. I'm never going to stroke a pitbike motor.

·
Registered
8,631 Posts
i wont stroke on either...but you might as well get as much as you can while your at it......

87 bucks....for a piston and cylinder?? not bad at all.

i will just not add any comments......soundslike your on the budget and i dont have budget in my vocabulary...LOL

hey Z...........i really really need a cylinder sleeve for my 88 s stage kit.....can you help a brotha out?

·
Registered
4,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i will just not add any comments......soundslike your on the budget and i dont have budget in my vocabulary...LOL

I just bought my second xr50 a couple weeks ago, and I am a full time college student. I dont really have left over cash to blow on top dollar parts for a pitbike. You definately come across as a dick by saying something like that. Everybody is different, and not everybody wants the same things.

·
Registered
787 Posts
PIMPINdaHOES said:

What happend to you since you said this pimpin? LOL! :wink:

*edit thorwarrior beat me to it :x

·
Registered
8,631 Posts
"You definately come across as a dick by saying something like that"

did you just sign up?? do you not know me? lol..its called being sarcastic....

come on man.....im not that ignorant.....did i say that your an idiot for buyin or wanting it??

quote the whole thing next time....because i said it....87 bucks not bad at all.....

and was i wrong at all by saying your on a budget...cuz its obvious you are. i was broke at one point too. if your that hurtin for cash...why did you just buy another 50?? why wouldnt you have dumped all that money into the one you already have?? why have two slow bone stock fiddies when you could have one bad ass one?

im giving you very good alternatives.....i think that would make you MUCH happier than what your looking into.

but like you said not everyone wants the same thing...everyone wants a fast bike and you want it slow. point proven

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Realy, I think you should just scrape together the extra like $70 and get the basic TB 88 kit, then if you ever do want to upgrade it more later when your out of college, or have more money later down the road, your options are much greater. But if you are totaly set in wanting somethign right now, and are going to get one or the other, get the 81cc kit, itll have slightly more power. But seriously, how long would it take you to get another $70?

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
you guys are completly missing the point.

hes not looking for a 88, he wants just a little more to get the best performance(not just power, but how it runs) with an all(ex. bore) stock setup. just ho kill the between shift bog. the topic isnt 72-81-88!

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
I didnt miss the point, I was telling him what would be the best way to go, for now and what would be better for the future as well. But I also told him that if he wants to decide between just the 2, the 81cc will be the better way to go.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.