PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
It seems like that's how you had it wired initially tho.

On some of the lifans...the stator is grounded. On others, it's not grounded. When it's not, I think there is a green wire that can be used as a frame ground...attached to the frame OR the engine, on your bike.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
In your pics...we can't see what wires come from where. Your original wiring only had 2 wires from the engine plug. Black for ignition. And a red wire for lighting.

Your new engine would need 2 for the ignition.
One for lighting.

And maybe you would need to connect one to a frame ground...4 wires max.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Couple thoughts...
You ONLY need a REGULATOR for your setup. I think what you have is a reg/rec... regulator AND rectifier combination unit. So you should only be using the regulator part of your reg/rec.

The other thing I'm thinking...
Our bikes use 2 different types of stators...half wave, OR full wave. Since your stator has the floating ground...I think you have the full wave. The reg/rec units ALSO come in half or full wave varieties...one or the other, and they don't interchange.

What I don't know, is if, when you grounded the pink wire, if you changed your FULL wave stator...or, "set it up", as a HALF wave..?
But I think it matters...half wave or full wave...both with, which reg/rec you have...and with how you have your bike wired.

So...the questions are...
Do you have a full wave system on your bike??
Do you have the correct reg/rec unit??
And, are you using the regulator side of your reg/rec??

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Maybe full or half wave doesn't matter when you're not rectifying to DC..? I'm not sure about that now. It shouldn't matter for the regulator??

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
One other thing to check...the green wire, from the reg/rec, that you grounded...
Is it the one that is right below the yellow?? Or the one that is diagonal from the yellow?
It makes a difference which green you ground.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Your pictures keep us guessing. Every pic shows wires and connections, but I can't see where they come from or go to, etc...too close. We can zoom in to see detail, but we can't zoom out on a too close shot.

I'm 95% sure that your reg/rec is a half wave type. As Davmo said, if the one you have ain't workin, try the other type.
So you COULD buy a full wave type to try. I'm not convinced that is the problem...but it's a pretty good bet.
In your last pic, all I see is 3 red wires...or 2...spliced together...coming from and going to, somewhere..?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts