PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
G

·
I shouldn't be saying this but seeing how I can't go I don't have a reason to hide it... 47mm isn't the maximum on a stock cylinder.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
3,864 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
3,864 Posts
Paxracing said:
we are doing motors for vegas stock class 70 piston in the 50 cylinder and have to cut the top of the piston to work.


Why cheat?



MMStock - This Class is for STOCK XR/CRF50 or TT-R50 Motorcycles Only.

The following items must remain “Bone Stock”: Engine, frame, swingarm, forks, shock, rims, spokes, hubs, carburetor (re-jetting is OK), complete ignition system, seat (covers can be changed, foam must remain stock), footpeg mount, brakes, fuel tank.



Bikes can be modified by changing or adding the following parts: Upper tripleclamps, handlebars, grips, brake cable, throttle cable, kill-switch, throttle assy, brake lever, sprockets, graphics, tires, exhaust system, air filter, fork springs, shock spring, chain, footpegs, skid plates, shifter, plastic (ie: fenders, shrouds, number plates can be replaced in color only - must have white backgrounds).
 

· Registered
Joined
·
6,244 Posts
melloyello said:
Why cheat?



MMStock - This Class is for STOCK XR/CRF50 or TT-R50 Motorcycles Only.

The following items must remain “Bone Stock”: Engine, frame, swingarm, forks, shock, rims, spokes, hubs, carburetor (re-jetting is OK), complete ignition system, seat (covers can be changed, foam must remain stock), footpeg mount, brakes, fuel tank.



Bikes can be modified by changing or adding the following parts: Upper tripleclamps, handlebars, grips, brake cable, throttle cable, kill-switch, throttle assy, brake lever, sprockets, graphics, tires, exhaust system, air filter, fork springs, shock spring, chain, footpegs, skid plates, shifter, plastic (ie: fenders, shrouds, number plates can be replaced in color only - must have white backgrounds).
How is he cheating? Says nothing about a piston or boring the cylinder. Its basically a stock appearing class. As long as its the stock head and cylinder anything goes. Hell you can even stroke the stock crank which PAX does. theres gonna be some serious motors in the stock class this year.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
8,911 Posts
cyclerider57 said:
I shouldn't be saying this but seeing how I can't go I don't have a reason to hide it... 47mm isn't the maximum on a stock cylinder.


50mm or 51mm is the biggest which is an 82cc or 85cc I believe either or
 

· Registered
Joined
·
3,864 Posts
ryan2282 said:
How is he cheating? Says nothing about a piston or boring the cylinder. Its basically a stock appearing class. As long as its the stock head and cylinder anything goes. Hell you can even stroke the stock crank which PAX does. theres gonna be some serious motors in the stock class this year.


Maybe noone understands "bone stock" anymore. C'mon people. This means nothing in that engine is supposed to be changed. Am I the only person that understands this? The first item listed after "bone stock" is the engine. Did people actually run hopped up motors like what you guys are describing b/4? Why in the h e l l would you call it a stock class if nothing is freaking stock in the engine?

I guess I could run a 104cc(51x51) in the STOCK class. That would be the right thing to do huh? It would physically look like a stocker but it wouldn't sound or perform like a stocker.

This BS is what is ruining the minis for everyone. You can't even have a rider vs rider class anymore.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
3,864 Posts
Well, it's a bunch of bs if you ask me. And the people who are letting this happen should be ashamed of themselves. And furthermore the people who are running anything other than stock should be dunked in crap and shot for stinking.
 
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top