PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I wish the pipe would have tucked up a little tighter under the engine but I still like the look of it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This was the first time working with these bikes and didn't really know any better, so bought a Lifan 70 auto 4 speed for it. I have the original engine which is very tired and has a stripped kickstart shaft which I will be tearing into eventually, and possibly put back into the bike. The little Lifan impressed me on how well it runs. First kick out of the box and it hasn't

missed a lick since.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Looks cool with the chrome low pipe, I agree, and I like your paint scheme too.

(I like its funkiness in the before picture too, to be honest, but in fixing it up you got a really nice straightforward look going there.)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had to replace the gas tank and bought this one on ebay, The seller had painted it the Green and white. Not a fan of the shade of green but he had done such a nice job on it, that I decided to just paint the frame to match.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Nice Work Egor,

i have a 1969 z50a in progress

I am very much admiring the polished hubs and top plate, bet they took some time!,

I have my hubset here next to me on the table with a tube of Autosol (alu polish), i get motivated now and then and hand polish some more,,,,,,,

do you use a polishing wheel or by hand?

Greetings

Adam

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I bought a small buff motor from Eastwood. The trick is to sand the parts the best you can first. I think I used 320 grit and then use the buff wheels. Stiffer wheel with coarse compound and then softer wheel with fine compound. Doesn't take too long to make them look nice.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts