PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it hard to put all the stuff on once you get the conv. kit and the brake line? how do you mount the caliper to the frame or what not? im hoping i will get it in tomm. i ordered it tuesday night from gary at tnp i want it working before this weekend so i can ride with it on...how lond did it take you guys to put yours on?

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
the rear wheel and caliper takes about 15 minutes , the master cylinder mount takes a while longer as you have to drill tow holes in the frame near the brake pedal BUT you have to remove the motor to install and tighten the bolts .

i took about 2 hours total time to do it all including removing the motor and everythnig .

this is well worth it , a kx65 wheel and brakes is the way to go .

post up photos when your done .

what do you have for forks ? i run kx65 with brp clamps , agressive weight springs and modified damping rods etc.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i would like to have 65s but all i have is 60s i love them i just wish they were disk brakes...but i have to take out the whole motor?damn that sucks do you know what size drill bit i need to use?

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
rford426 said:
i would like to have 65s but all i have is 60s i love them i just wish they were disk brakes...but i have to take out the whole motor?damn that sucks do you know what size drill bit i need to use?

i want to say the hole was 6mm but i can't remember right now ( too early ) .

it's the same sized bolt as the ones that hold the side plates on , so i'm sure it was 6mm (slightly larger so the bolt goe's through).

·
Registered
6,877 Posts
DEMONDAVE said:
the rear wheel and caliper takes about 15 minutes , the master cylinder mount takes a while longer as you have to drill tow holes in the frame near the brake pedal BUT you have to remove the motor to install and tighten the bolts .

i took about 2 hours total time to do it all including removing the motor and everythnig .

this is well worth it , a kx65 wheel and brakes is the way to go .

post up photos when your done .

what do you have for forks ? i run kx65 with brp clamps , agressive weight springs and modified damping rods etc.

I never removed my motor or drilled into the frame???

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hmm it doesn't matter at this point im just waiting at the window looking for ups to drop it off so i can have it on before the weekend...id hate to have to stare at it all week in my garage and not be able to ride with it haha hopefully it will come tho he shipped it out wednesday moring you think it will make it?

·
Registered
941 Posts
The first kit's came with a bracket that mounted on the swing arm bolt. The current kit has the master bracket that mounts on the frame with two bolts and it's stronger than the first one's.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
can you not dill the holes and then tap them?...i did that, made some spacers and screw the babies to the frame

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yea post some pics of both ways drillilng and no drilling unfortantley it did not come in today so maybe it will come in tomm. i was pretty bummed it didn't come in tho

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
rford426 said:
yea post some pics of both ways drillilng and no drilling unfortantley it did not come in today so maybe it will come in tomm. i was pretty bummed it didn't come in tho

the old way undrilled bolted at the swing arm pivot , the new inproved way you have to drill the holes .

i'll post photos tomorrow from work .

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.