PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bike 78 yamaha chappy.

just installed new headlight assembly. New head lamp new tail lamp. burnt out immidiately when I upped the rpm's this bike is supposed to have blinkers but they are not currently installed. is the issue possibly due to the lack of additional lamps?

· Registered
143 Posts
I think all of these 6 volt bikes rely on a fully charged battery to absorb the spikes
its well known that if you have no battery, or a really bad one bulbs start to blow out quickly

best to stock up on them too, dratv is where I get them from
sometimes they can last months, years
other times you can just burn out a good one couple times in a row
may be quality control

also make a habit of keeping 6 volt bikes on a battery tender made for 6 v and super low amp setting
will just prevent light blowouts later

· Registered
6 Posts
Sorry guys, the chappy doesn't have a regulator, it uses all the lites 2 keep jus 7.2v in the system so nuthin blows, if ya blow the headlite, the taillite will go nxt, then the speedo & indicator lites in the speedo, then the blinkers if ya use em, it happened 2 mine, but ya do hafta keep a good battery in it, that does absorb the spikes that a high rpm will sumtimes cause, hope this helps ya out, if ya need ne bulbs, amazon has all ya need 4 cheap!-------2smoke

· Registered
51 Posts
Builds a 6 Volt AC headlight Voltage regulator for Yamaha DT's and wants to make it plug-in-and-ride for the Chappy.

If a Chappy owner will work with me to get the plugs and wire colors right, and will send a photo or two where it can fit, you can score a free regulator.

Jon Pardue

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.