PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This seems too good to be true. Someone showed me this japanese website a couple days ago that is supposedly a legit online shop and has good prices for takegawa parts. I found this 178cc SCUT bore kit with +R Take Head plus auto-decomp cam (all for the klx110) for only $526!!!! Plus they have a special ending today where they give you free shipping.

Am I missing something on here?? I thought these kits usually sell for over $1k?? Is this really as good as it seems??

SP TAKEGAWA : SUPER HEAD + R SCUT 178cc Big bore Kit with Automatic Decompress [01-05-0278]

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Webike is legit. No problems dealing with them the last couple years.
I have no doubt that they are legit, but I just want to verify that this kit includes everything that I think it does for that price (+R head, 178cc scut cylinder and piston, S-20watever decomp cam, plus the gaskets and watever else little misc pieces).

Does this seem correct? That seems like a SMOKING deal to get all that for $526 and free shipping. Almost too good to be true. But if it is I am going to get on that today and order it.

How difficult is it to adapt the takegawa 178 scut bore kit and +R head for the klx110 to work on the YX150/160 motors? I know takegawa makes a kit specifically for the yx150/160 motors, but for some reason it is A LOT more expensive on this website (and everywhere else) than the identical klx110 version.

For example, just the takegawa +R head with a normal (non auto-decomp) cam for a yx150/160 costs $680 from the same webike japanese website. How can the yx150 version of this kit cost $100 more and NOT include the scut bore kit like the klx110 version?

Does anyone else find this odd?

Heres a link to the yx150 version. Superhead only for $677 (no 178cc scut bore kit like the klx110 version has for $526!!??)

http://japan.webike.net/products/21594382.html

I just want to make sure if I buy the klx110 version, I will be getting everything I believe I will be getting, and I can make it work on a yx150 engine without too much trouble (Before takegawa came out with a kit specifically for the yx150/160, people were using the klx110 versions correct? So it has to work right?)

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Everyone agrees this is a good deal, but is there anyone who is super knowledgable about these kits and/or has experience ordering from webike who could verify if this Takegawa 178cc scut bore kit with +R Super Head and Auto-Decomp Cam plus gaskets etc. for the KLX110 for $526 truly includes all of these items in the $526 kit?

$526 is like a wholesale price for this kit compared to the price for this same kit from other vendors. WE HAVE UNTIL MIDNIGHT TONIGHT TO ORDER THIS KIT AND GET THE DISCOUNT PLUS FREE SHIPPING TO THE USA OR WHEREVER SO LETS GET THIS FIGURED OUT ASAP SO WE CAN GET IN ON THIS AWESOME DEAL (ASSUMING IT IS AS GOOD AS IT SEEMS)

·
Registered
816 Posts
BTW THEY ALSO HAVE THE COMPLETE TAKEGAWA BUILT KLX110 138CC +R MOTOR FOR $2600. I DONT KNOW MUCH ABOUT THE TAKEGAWA COMPLETE ENGINES OTHER THAN I THOUGHT THEY WERE EXPENSIVE AS F*** LIKE $4K+. $2600 SEEMS LIKE A REALLY GOOD DEAL AND ITS COOL THAT IT HAS KLX110 ENGINE MOUNTING POINTS INSTEAD OF THE TYPICAL CHINA XR50/YX150 MOTOR MOUNTS.

HERES A LINK

SP TAKEGAWA : SUPER HEAD+R Complete Engine 138cc [01-00-7717]

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
So did you order it? I think the kit your thinking of for $1000+ is for the 4V head.
No not yet. Unfortunately the sale is over now (ended yesterday) but the non-sale price is still dam cheap ($553).

However, I will still buy this kit at the non-sale price ($553) if I CAN JUST CONFIRM THAT THE KIT FOR $553 INCLUDES EVERYTHING I THINK IT DOES (+R HEAD, 178CC SCUT BORE KIT WITH CYLINDER AND PISTON, AUTO-DECOMP CAM, ROLLER ROCKERS ARMS, PLUS ALL THE OTHER MISC SMALL PIECES AND GASKETS).

CAN ANYONE CONFIRM THIS OR KNOW OF A WAY TO CONFIRM THIS?? I WOULD EMAIL THE COMPANY DIRECTLY BUT BECAUSE THEY ARE IN JAPAN I AM GUESSING EVEN IF I EMAIL THEM THE COMMUNICATION WONT BE THAT CLEAR SO IT WILL BE HARD TO CONFIRM ANYTHING

Sorry for the all caps in the message above. My keyboard get stuck in caps sometimes. I just sent an email to webike asking them this same question about the kit, I will post on here if I get a response from them. In the meantime though if anyone else can answer my question please let me know because I want to order this kit.

·
Registered
8,247 Posts
did you happen to read the description on there site...... If it says it comes with everything im sure it does.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
did you happen to read the description on there site...... If it says it comes with everything im sure it does.
The "title" of the item is "SUPER HEAD + R SCUT 178cc Big bore Kit with Automatic Decompression" which makes it seems like it does come with everything.

But the description says this: (as you can tell it must have been translated from japanese because it makes no sense)

■ New coming item of auto decompression cam shaft included in conventional SUPER HEAD + R cylinder head!
Because decompression is included, even though of high compression, high emission engine, without burdening mission and kick shaft, it is available to start engine with light kicking power.
SUPER HEAD + R equips large diameter valves, roller rocker arm, titanium valve retainer to exhibit high output.
- No.1 Head used in races
There are two types that are all aluminum ceramic plating cylinder excellent in durability, air tightness, heat dissipation and aluminum steel sleeve ceramic plated cylinder set of low price.

* The picture is only for reference. The picture shown differ from the actual product

As you can see, the description doesn't help. If anything it makes it even more confusing., which is why I made this thread. And the picture that is shown on the webpage for this item is below, which makes it look like it DOES include everything, but as the description states "the picture is only for reference, THe picture shown may differe from actual product". What do you think/??....

Attachments

·
Registered
8,247 Posts
I would think it comes with everything, koby's buddy placed his order yesterday.

·
Registered
10,195 Posts
My buddy ordered it yesterday, if it does not included all of the above then that is misleading and he will Cancell the order, they sent him a confirmation email saying it won't be shipped until December 24th, where on there site it says ships within 1-3 business days. Now I know there located in japan, but at least state over seas shipments will be about 1 months wait... So hopefully it is the complete kit and not just the head because that will cause some issues.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
My buddy ordered it yesterday, if it does not included all of the above then that is misleading and he will Cancell the order, they sent him a confirmation email saying it won't be shipped until December 24th, where on there site it says ships within 1-3 business days. Now I know there located in japan, but at least state over seas shipments will be about 1 months wait... So hopefully it is the complete kit and not just the head because that will cause some issues.
Ok good to know someone else ordered this with the same thinking that this is a complete kit. That way if I order it too and we both end up not getting a complete kit (like we both expected) then I think we will have a better argument for getting a refund. But thats bs that they say it wont ship till dec 24th when it says ships in 1-3 days...

Last thing I need to clarify now before I place an order is if the kit can be made to work on the yx150 with minimal mods. (I know they make a kit specifically for the yx150, but it is a couple hundred more. Before they made this yx150 kit, I know people were using the klx110 kits so I know there has to be a way). I guess I will make a thread in the china section....

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.