PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i rev my 50 real high it starts to smoke between where the cylinder is attached to the case and the pipe that is attached to the head but mainly the smoke comes out where the case and cylinder is on the left side of the bike, i checked the oil bolt, the nuts that bolts the pipe on the head and they're all tight, and the 4 nuts that is in front of the head, any ideas where it could be comin from would be greatly appreciated. thanks

·
Registered
121 Posts
Is the engine stock or modified? Even if it were a 30 year old clapped out engine, any smoking should really only be going out of the exhuast tip. Any smoking from where you described sounds like a blown base gasket and a leaking exhaust compression gasket, but it might be something more severe. Has the topend ever been off at all?

~Ron

Xtreme Racing 50s

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SkinDonor said:
sounds like the O-ring that seals your oil passage ( this where your oil goes from the bottomend to the top end ) is a goner also replace your base gasket too.

its an 88 kitaco kit, and that might be the problem skindonor, i'll take the head off and check, and how much wouild it be for new gaskets and oil ring thing? thanks guys

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.