PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just picked up a 04 crf50 and i was wonderin what 88cc big bore kit is good and whats not. also whats good front forks and swingarm. im 6 foot 6 and i need some more height outta the 50 lol

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
the most reliable cheap 88 kit is probably gonna be from tb also, swingers could be two bros, down components, bbr, etc. front end sano, marzochhies, red baron etc. there all good brands, but some are pricey

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
try the tb racehead kit, its $350 and has everything you need to get you going.

like crf50187 said, pretty much any of the "big brand" swingarms will hold up to the abuse. You're also going to want a descent rear shock though as well (elka, newer ishock, fox float mxr..), and for forks it depends how much you're wanting to spend.

You could probably pick up a used set of zokes for around $600 or $650, but would probably want a +3 or +4 swingarm to match it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the info, im startin to get the grip of the 50 world. lol. if all goes right im goin to order the big bore this week. i was goin to do just suspension mods first, but thats kinda pricy. i think for now im goin to go with some stock crf70 forks, i just need a lil something more then stock...as for rear suspension, i have an ishock on it, i have no clue wtf it is lol.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
dont get sano only because as of now you cant rebuild sano or g1s. I loved my sano LT6s though so dont think Im bashing them. Zokes are top of the line. So are speedforks. Swingarm depends if you want mx or a style rear end. If you get a mx then just grab a mxr float or a elka. One recommendation DONT buy china crap or 50cal even bad news about the brand x minis though I never tried theirs. 88 kit depends. TB is most cost effective. Takegawa and Kitaco are best. But you pay 3 times the price. Try out a TB racehead 88 kit. has 25/23 valves. parts are easy to get and arent 100 bucks for valves to replace. It all depends on the money you got to spend.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
trtr013 said:
dont get sano only because as of now you cant rebuild sano or g1s. I loved my sano LT6s though so dont think Im bashing them. Zokes are top of the line. So are speedforks. Swingarm depends if you want mx or a style rear end. If you get a mx then just grab a mxr float or a elka. One recommendation DONT buy china crap or 50cal even bad news about the brand x minis though I never tried theirs. 88 kit depends. TB is most cost effective. Takegawa and Kitaco are best. But you pay 3 times the price. Try out a TB racehead 88 kit. has 25/23 valves. parts are easy to get and arent 100 bucks for valves to replace. It all depends on the money you got to spend.

i was going to go with suspension mods first and leave the big bore for later, but my buddy talked me into buyin a big bore instead. whats a good site to buy the trailbikes 88cc kit from? i should be getting paid tomorrow, and if i do then im goin to order the big bore. as for suspension, since i dont have alot of funds right now im goin to try and find some crf70 forks. i just need something else besides stock. my rear shock is an ishock, and so far its doing pretty well. in the long run id like to buy a plus 2 or 3 swingarm.

·
Registered
7,611 Posts
I would go with FPM on the TB 88 kit....I have a complete set of CRF70 forks f/s...you should look for a CRF 70 swinger (it is +2 for a 50)

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Yup fpm def the way. And you would need to change oil and stuff for the crf70 and doopsx is a reliable guy to buy parts from. grab a billetware +2 swinger on here they r like a 100 bucks.+3 usually r mx. order your kit from terry he may even install it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts