PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question for everyone.

Im looking for a used fiddy to start working on. I have found a few xr70's in my price range and was wondering if I should start with that model since I plan on boring the 50 to an 88. Are there any disadvantages of getting a 70 over a 50? Like parts etc...? What would you do?

·
Registered
24 Posts
yea xr70s are *edit*....the only other bike i would reccomend other than a 50 is probably a 110 either KLX or DRZ.....i still say go with a 50 they can fit into places better and are much lighter to throw around and screw around on.

·
Registered
431 Posts
manwhore said:
all the parts from a xr 70 are interchangeable with a xr 50

So that would mean that there is a huge aftermarket for them!!! Buy the 70 keep the forks, wheels, swingarm, and motor. Buy a chromo 50 frame, plastics, and a tank from vince and blam!!! you have a pimped out 50 for half the cost of trying to sart with a stocker 50.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Isnt a 70 rear wheel a 12" or something? I know its not a 10, so you'd need wheels because unless your track has "special" rules, your only aloud a 10" rear. :wink:

·
Registered
178 Posts
FIDDY!!!!

If you want to buy mine fully build and ready to go for racing, jumping etc, then email me: [email protected].

I just got it built up, haven't much of a chance to jump it at all, let alone ride it but it'll be finished up this week then I am thinking about selling it...

I want a streebike :)

·
Registered
4,688 Posts
I agree with travisfab on this one except on the wheels. I like the idea of 10 inch wheels. But a 70 would be fun anyways. If you plan on building a full tilt race bike, it almost makes sense to start with a 70. Then you just need a chromo frame, tank, plastics, and wheels and you can make a pretty nice bike from the 70 and aftermarket parts. I have heard that the 70 bottom end is stronger than the 50 anyways.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.