PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
5,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody out there tried to modernize an older Z50...say a 1982 or so. Is there any way that an XR 50 stock swinger could go on if a new top shock mount was welded up? I have never seen one of the older 50's other than random ebay pictures. i know the forks look about identical, and the motor is probably almost the same except for the ignition. Could brackets be welded up to retrofit an XR50 gas tank and plastics to one? It would probably be a lot easier just to get a chromo frame and swap everything over. Or a stock frame even. Just an idea i have been kicking around to get my friends on a budget into this sickness that we call 50's. :D

· Registered
3,869 Posts
It would be much easier to just get a Chromo or stock frame setup and then transfer the parts over. Or, it would be even easier to sell it and just go buy a stock xr50. But other than the frame and ignition the bikes are very similar, so If you did get a frame and swingarm most of the stuff should swap over.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.