PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I have a yx 140 with about 5-6 fuel tanks in er' and i seem to be having a caburator issue I think,

i set the carb right now to start quite well and idle good.. but when i come on to er on 4th gear at almost 3/4 throttle it starts sputtering and to me sounds like it's not getting enough fuel to keep up,I loose so much potential power..

I have a 26mm Molkt Carb, which to me for a 140cc it sounds big enough but im thinking I may need to upgrade the jet? i find it hard to believe considering the engine came with a carb so should be able to output without a problem..

I have a new CDI and Spark Plug, so im 99% that's not my problem, idd rather not mix with the air mixture from factory settings i only adjusted the iddler

while im at it, if it is a jetting issue, for a molkt carb is it a mukini style or keihin for jets?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats basically what its doing, cutting out far too early, so your sugesting going a step smaller? My plug is on the lean side

Idd think it would need a bigger jet for more fuel to accomodate for air need after my 3/4 throtle issue

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.