PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I have a yx 140 with about 5-6 fuel tanks in er' and i seem to be having a caburator issue I think,

i set the carb right now to start quite well and idle good.. but when i come on to er on 4th gear at almost 3/4 throttle it starts sputtering and to me sounds like it's not getting enough fuel to keep up,I loose so much potential power..

I have a 26mm Molkt Carb, which to me for a 140cc it sounds big enough but im thinking I may need to upgrade the jet? i find it hard to believe considering the engine came with a carb so should be able to output without a problem..

I have a new CDI and Spark Plug, so im 99% that's not my problem, idd rather not mix with the air mixture from factory settings i only adjusted the iddler

while im at it, if it is a jetting issue, for a molkt carb is it a mukini style or keihin for jets?

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Did you change the main jet??? It sounds like its to big if you use to big of a main it will cut in and out like its on a rev limiter but way early lol...;)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats basically what its doing, cutting out far too early, so your sugesting going a step smaller? My plug is on the lean side

Idd think it would need a bigger jet for more fuel to accomodate for air need after my 3/4 throtle issue

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
It could need more.. One way or the other its not gonna kill it going richer try that first and see if it gets worse.. If so then lean it out.. Gotta go one way or the other..:neutral:

·
Registered
956 Posts
Generally the harder you load a motor the more fuel it needs, if it gets worse in higher gears as you say, then it is under more load, so is probably lean right now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts