PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FiveO claims on their site that the new Podium frame is the only true, full 100% 4130 chromoly 50 frame. I think not. There are a million companies that make chromo 50 frames. Somebody prove me wrong (or right). Also, does anyone know what maintube wall thickness most 50 frame builders use? I am guessing .049 @ 2" OD?

·
Registered
538 Posts
95% percent of the company's you think make frame, really just buy them from billetware and put their name on it. There are some exeptions, like I think the new red barons arent made by billetware, and xtreme frames they sell seperate arent made by billetware, and theres probably others.

What I think Five-O is claiming is that they now have the frames made on their own, and not by billetware. When they say "the only 100% 4130 chromoly frame" to me it sounds like they are calling out the other companies, saying maybe they only use 4130 for the main tube, and say cheaper grade material for the subframe and gussets...

Im not positive on anything, just my 2 cents...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.