PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i finally got around to setting up my paypal(just waiting for the bank to transfer the funds) and i want to buy two things right away!

im looking to buy the four speed tranny kit and an 88 kit. any one know where i can find both?

i found tons of 88 kits but if im taring the bike down i figure might as well do it all at once..

im not sure what company made it but i know i saw a reasonably priced forth gear some where.....

Thanks!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys! im gonna be ordering the both from tb! then i think my motor will be good to go!

Will the four speed be good for cruising the streets? is there a higher top speed with this installed?

and is there anything besides the oil pump i should do to the motor with the 88 kit? i plan on running the stock carb and exhaust..

·
Registered
7,611 Posts
IDK if there is actually an increase on top end as much as it is a better spread of gear ratios across the board than the stock 3spd

when I changed my kids bike over, I changed the final drive ratio to a 15/37....so it not only has more grunt with the 88 and other mods it has more top

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
burton88 said:
go tb 88 with race head with the ahp 4 speed. i am running that now and its pretty fast. I topped out at 55 mph with low gearing

how much different is a race head? i have never heard anything about a race head before...i have heard of them but whats better about them?

·
Registered
7,611 Posts
what is not different...if ya want more power and no drop off...ya want a race head.....a stock 50 head is like walking around with a head cold...a race head is one that is doctored up with a butt load of sudafed, nyquil, and speed

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just got done installing the Ahp 4 speed in my 88cc and was wondering if anyone else had aproblem with assembly?

With it all togeather it is reall tight, cant find neutral, have to start in gear. any ideas? I have got it all back apart short of spliting the cases

·
Registered
7,611 Posts
charley1157 said:
I just got done installing the Ahp 4 speed in my 88cc and was wondering if anyone else had aproblem with assembly?

With it all togeather it is reall tight, cant find neutral, have to start in gear. any ideas? I have got it all back apart short of spliting the cases

is the shifter move ment that is tight or the actual drum....take the rubber plug out that is normally for a neutral indicator and use a 10mm socket and see if it is the drum that is tight or the shifter shaft

·
Registered
22 Posts
no with the locator star off the clutch side and the blot put back in the drum moves fairly free but the sprocket is tigh and when it was in the bike the rear wheel took alot of effort to turn( tire drag like it was in gear with a manual clutch

·
Registered
7,611 Posts
charley1157 said:
no with the locator star off the clutch side and the blot put back in the drum moves fairly free but the sprocket is tigh and when it was in the bike the rear wheel took alot of effort to turn( tire drag like it was in gear with a manual clutch

oooooo not good...ya get the shims in the correct place...I always use blown up diagrams if I get 4getful...nearly all the time...ya can see em at parts fish

·
Registered
7,611 Posts
charley1157 said:

thinking about it..that screws me up...will the counter shaft turn freely with out the sprocket on

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.