PlanetMinis Forums banner

61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Until I get my silencer in the mail I shoved a ton of stainless steel wool in the exhaust pipe and WOW! probably cut the decibels in half. Low end torque is much more improved now as well. Wheelies in 3rd as easily as it did in 2nd.

*Also have stainless steel sink strainer in the pipe to hold the wool in.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
The silencer definitely helped. But it's still a little louder than I'd like.
I have another muffler that I had put a piece of sheet metal across the outlet, trying to quiet it. It helped some, but when I added the db killer, it seemed to quiet it down very well.
So now I'm planning to add the sheetmetal to the Spangler muffler...see if that does the trick.

IMG_20200322_132501259.jpg IMG_20200322_132604036.jpg

·
Registered
111 Posts
I took mine to the snow for the first time on new years. Get an oil cooler too. Alot of wheel spin and high rpms. Running duro tires and 110 engine she did okay. But not great as I could not get good traction to pick up any speed

I put chains on my 3 wheeler , worked out really good.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Well I'd have to say that I'd do it again I guess.. I haven't really tested it. I sprayed a couple of blanks, and clearcoated one of them. I was going to dump some gas on then to see how the paint held up. But I never dumped the gas, and those pieces are at work...and I'm not.
I haven't ridden my trike enough to even refuel.
So honestly...it's still questionable, at least in my mind it is.
But the Rustoleum is super easy to find, use, and re-use if necessary.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
How is the rustoleum holding up? Would you do it again?
I dumped some gas on my blank, waited a half a minute then wiped it off. The clear coat was soft and goey really quick. The paint was unfazed. I did it again, waited almost 1 minute, the clear wiped right off, the paint was unfazed.

Soo...
Paint good.
Clear bad.
IMG_20200731_124819462.jpg

BTW...I sprayed this sample many months ago. Good and cured by now. 6-7 months ago maybe.

61 - 69 of 69 Posts