PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i have a mid 80s z50 bottom end and i cant get the lilttle screw off the top of the clutch. i tried and tried and i cant get the little biuggers out. i tried with a regular screwdriver and that didnt work so i went out and bought an impact screwdriver and that wont even work. if i had a torch i would try to heat just the screws up a little bit, but i dont have one so i cant do that

is ther any other way to get the little bastards out? everytime i tear down a motor for the first time these little guys give me hell

is ther a secret to this or do i just always get the bad ones? usually one screw ends up stripping out everytime i do this and id rather not this time lol

·
Registered
56 Posts
firepower354 said:
PM me a list of the ones you need. My local (a mile away) nutz & bolts store is awesome. I just got a set of SS allen case bolts and some stator screws.

Welcome to Mid States Bolt Screw

Thanks. I need to suck it up and get over my shipping thing.

Is there a list of all the Z50 screw sizes floating around out there? I've done a couple searches and couldn't fine anything. The part diagrams aren't always that clear on screw specs. Guess I should sit down and measure a bunch of them. It would be a good Z50 post for the forum. If anyone has a partial list let me know and I'll go from there.

·
Banned
1 Posts
Dirty Engineer said:
Thanks. I need to suck it up and get over my shipping thing.

Is there a list of all the Z50 screw sizes floating around out there? I've done a couple searches and couldn't fine anything. The part diagrams aren't always that clear on screw specs. Guess I should sit down and measure a bunch of them. It would be a good Z50 post for the forum. If anyone has a partial list let me know and I'll go from there.

I used mrcycles.com for the engine fastner lengths, and printed it on my assembly sheets so they go in the right spot, regardless of "diminished capacity":)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.