PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i'm 220lbs, i thinking of getting bbr springs and shock, are there any secrets that i should know before getting them as to help with the extra weight they will be punished with, or any tips when installing them , thanks

·
Registered
611 Posts
what are you worried about - as long as you get the heavier springs and a shock - for your weight - you shouldnt be able to hurt a crf150 -- heck there are some 220lb ers - on stock 50s

·
Banned
1 Posts
I raced Open B for 15 years as I grew from 215 to about 255, and feel your pain. Goofing on a stock sprung bike was fun, but charging through 4th gear whoops with both ends slamming the stops gets your attention, and new boingers on the way. Now I'm a bit slower, but about 285 so every new bike still gets new legs.

If the BBR fork springs aren't enough stiffer, try the Progressive Suspension catalog. Measure the diameter and length of yours and find a suitable replacement. Up the oil viscosity by about 50% and get it around 5-1/2 inches from the top.

Make sure whatever shock you use has enough dampening adjustability to handle a stiff spring. Memories of the first lap on a resprung KX500, just touching the step up with the back tire and getting face planted on the downside from the pogo action. Bottom teeth through the lip, mangled new Renthals, good times. Use good lube on the linkages to help with the extra load. You may need better bolts too. Keep an eye on them and swap to better ones if you see any bending.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks

i installed the new springs, and added 20w oil, at about4.5 from the top, they feel so much better then stock, and i feel way faster on the track, plus no more bottom outs, thanks for the input, the rear shock feels better also, i would totally recommend them

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.