PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've already drilled out the head pipe to 3/4 and it has made a huge difference.

Anything else?
I've read about adding some holes to the end cap?

How about air box mods?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Free? Not much, take off kickstand and kickstart I guess. You can flip the rear break arm over to the top to get it away from the ground, gotta take the wheel off to do it though. There isn't many free mods I know of. You can do the airbox mod but I'd re-jet, especially after your exaust mod.

·
Registered
103 Posts
If you increase the air flow as well as the exhaust you will run lean and have to re-jet your carb. Once you re-jet your carburetor then you'll need a bigger cam to open up the valves to except the larger air flow and so on. Point is that if you keep doing cheap (Free) mods then you'll have to start putting in a lot of money to keep it running. I did the exhaust and air mod to my 110 and tried re-jetting it but ended up having to buy a VM26 carb to balance every thing out but she runs like a scolded dog. Be careful doing mods, at some point you'll get more HP then you expect and it will throw you before you know what happened.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I did the exhaust and air mod to my 110 and tried re-jetting it but ended up having to buy a VM26 carb to balance every thing out but she runs like a scolded dog.
I need clarification.
I got the exhaust, BBR U-filter, and re-jetted to 100 and my bike (I feel) runs great. Are you saying a VM26 will really wake her up or are you saying AFTER the cam upgrade you'll need the VM26?

·
Registered
103 Posts
I need clarification.
I got the exhaust, BBR U-filter, and re-jetted to 100 and my bike (I feel) runs great. Are you saying a VM26 will really wake her up or are you saying AFTER the cam upgrade you'll need the VM26?
I got the VM26 and it made a huge gain in power. I don't have a cam. I was just saying the more you do the more upgrades you'll need.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts