PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Just installed a variety of parts to get some more power out of the 2020 crf110. I did both my brother's bike and mine and after both bikes were complete with the exact same mods, I noticed he had far more bottom-end torque. After checking many things, I found the tab on the cam sprocket was actually bent and hence retarding my timing, therefore, resulting in my sluggish low end...

but here's my question, why did this happen, what did I do wrong on one bike and not the other?

I removed the cam tensioner sealing bolt, carefully set the crankshaft at TDC on the compression stroke, had the cam alignment notch facing the front of the motor, placed the cam chain over the cam sprocket, verified the timing was correct, then placed the sprocket over the cam and gave it a good push to get onto the cam, verified timing again, lubed the mating surfaces of the cam bolt, hand tightened the cam bolt, held the 14mm crank nut still and then applied 20ftlb of torque to the bolt, then added 4ml of oil to the sealing bolt hole and replaced the sealing bolt with washer.

Has anyone seen this before? Appreciate any input so when my new cam sprocket comes in... this doesn't happen again.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
1 Posts
My tab broke off on mine also. Cracked the case so had to have it all apart. Find anything that might have caused this?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts