PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just curious , I bought a brand new crf 110 the other day and they gave it to me with the chain insanely tight so I loosened it to a good tension. Only to come to find that when I sit on the bike it gets looser instead of tighter ? On any other bike I’ve always known it to get tighter. Please help me understand if there’s something wrong or if it’s Normal for these. Thank you !

·
Registered
11 Posts
I checked mine, but its hard to tell if there is any change when I sit on it due to the suspension being so stiff. The rear end barely moves an inch on mine with the fat man spring....and with that little movement I can't tell if there is a difference in tension

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I checked mine, but its hard to tell if there is any change when I sit on it due to the suspension being so stiff. The rear end barely moves an inch on mine with the fat man spring....and with that little movement I can't tell if there is a difference in tension
Okay thanks any way I’m hoping when I get a stiffer spring I won’t notice it. Just wanted to make sure nothing was wrong with it and I didn’t need to take it back to them

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Most bikes come with owners manuals that tell you how to check & adjust the chain tension. Did you get a owners manual?
tmas
Yeah I did I know how to check the tension, just didn’t know why it got looser instead of tighter when I sit on it , seems opposite

·
Registered
1 Posts
just curious , I bought a brand new crf 110 the other day and they gave it to me with the chain insanely tight so I loosened it to a good tension. Only to come to find that when I sit on the bike it gets looser instead of tighter ? On any other bike I’ve always known it to get tighter. Please help me understand if there’s something wrong or if it’s Normal for these. Thank you !
I was also riding my new 2020 and regularly adjust the chain since I had it. At the end of the weekend my friend went to take Off for a ride and the chain was that tight it couldn't even be pushed on the beach. Had no idea what happened ended up just sitting on it and riding off. And sorted it self out. Never seen anything like it. Did you find out any thing about it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts