PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to know if anyone on here has one and has already dug into the motor or may know all the specs on certain parts. I know they run a 52.4mm piston what I am trying to find out is if they still run a 13mm wrist pin, for the monkey. Also if anyone knows what the top of the pin height space is between the top of where the wrist pin goes to the top of the piston deck. I only ask this since 52.4mm high compression pistons for engines running a 49.5mm cranks which is a 107 engine don't really exists. There is one but it will only perform well with a real old school e22 head that as pretty tiny valves considering how far it's come over all these years. I just was curious since I have a boysen pork u pine nikasil cylinder that just looks way cool plus it's nikasil lined with the base machined down to run with a stock 50 crank don't know the numbers off the top of my head but somewhere between 63 and 69mm tall cylinder I had ran it for two seasons untill I got a takegawa F5 super head. But if the deck height is the same finding a high comp piston now may not be so hard looking at all takegawa's new stuff. They are selling just a high compression piston cam and fuel injection and gaining more torque and HP.

anyway let me know if you know anything about these dimensions.

regards

-jay

·
Registered
4,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok cool we now know the wrist pin is correct size. Now I just gotta find out what the distance is between the top of the piston deck and to the top part of where the wrist pin hole at 12 o clock.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts