PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone, I recently picked up this new 2018 CRF50 just to mess around with! Plan to turn it into a lot / pit bike for track days.

Brand new fresh out the crate and built!

Packed her up and brought her home!

Placed an order for a few things :)

Protaper pit bike kit
Protaper grips
Yoshimura full exhaust
Uni pod filter
Zeta billet gas cap
Zeta billet steering stem nut and cover
BBR motorsports 1+ inch shifter
Factory Effex Honda donuts
Fly Racing Billet kill switch

Started to throw some of the parts at her!

Also threw on some new Dunlop street tires 80/90-10

Buttoned her up but not quite done yet!

Picked up some more parts :)

50 Stunt parts;
Street pegs
Rear pegs
Rear handbrake kit
Rear handbrake arm
Sprocket guard

Two brothers rear brake pedal

ASV F3 Lever
Uni mini crankcase breather
Zeta billet magnetic drain plug
DRC billet tire caps
BBR Motorsports forged aluminum kickstart lever

More to come!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
A few more parts came in today!

Renthal front sprocket
Protaper rear sprocket
RK gold racing chain
Motion Pro CR throttle housing / tube /
Russell billet inline fuel filter
OEM Honda #60 main jet

Threw in the main jet and now she doesn't bog at WOT :)

Hoping to get more done tomorrow!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Picked up a few more things;

BBR seat
BBR chain guide
Zeta carbon fiber cable guide
ASV F3 lever for the rear hand brake
OEM Honda adjustable needle off a 04' CRF50
OEM Honda adjustable air screw off a 04' CRF50

The supplied bolts that came with the BBR chain guide were way to big for the stock swing arm so I drilled the holes slightly bigger to make it work.

Swapped out the stock needle for the adjustable one.

Installed the adjustable air screw after taking out the stock D shape one, I used a dremel tool to shave down the carb so I could squeeze the smallest needle nose pilers to remove the stock one.

Cut the stock cable guide off, drilled some holes in the number plate then mounted the Zeta guide.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Refreshing to see the effort you are putting into building and dialing your bike as a 50 and not just going for a bigbore.Look's so fun! Probably getting stretch mark's from grinning eh.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Refreshing to see the effort you are putting into building and dialing your bike as a 50 and not just going for a bigbore.Look's so fun! Probably getting stretch mark's from grinning eh.
I thought about the big bore kit but the parts supplier at my work no longer deals with BBR so I'll just wait till this new engine gets a little tired from the abuse lol.

Took a chance with the air screw and needle without knowing it would work 100% but since I get parts at cost it was worth a shot and everything worked out! Now she idles and runs like a champ!

She puts a smile on my face everytime! Rode her more this season than the street & track bike lol

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wow its been awhile! Put this lil guy on the back burner for my track bike, now with being on lockdown for 872198371982738 days its about time to show some love lol.

Threw on a Factory Effex graphic kit / small sticker bomb & Boysen Cover.

Winter blues gave me the plunge for the 88cc & also bought a ProCircuit T4 Titanium full exhaust!

Threw a Mikuni VM20 on the thing!

Summer came around and my buddy up north has a cottage close to some snowmobile trails so I put the stock tires back on and rode some trails for the first time!

Found my love again for the thing lol, more to come!

·
Registered
1970 CT70
96 Posts
Bet that thing was a hoot!!! You didn’t waste any time doin what you wanted to then and still don’t now. I can respect that, as well as being willing to take your bike off road cause you wanna. Never noticed how nice the stock frames on these things look until now either. Awesome bike!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts