PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just finishing up a 4yr build I've been slowly working on, figured I'd finally get some pics up & will eventually place in a monthly minis post. Pit bikes arent much of a thing up in northern NV, started out wanting to make pit bikes great again up here, but I don't have that much time. Picked this bike up from a guy on the forum here back in 2018, lived about 8hrs from me. Wanted the older CRF70 style Piranha & kind of used the Factory HRC works bikes theme to guide the build. I'm a KTM guy for big bikes, but love the way these older Piranhas look. This wasn't a 'budget build' by any means, have way too much into it but its an itch that had to be scratched, I just love "trick sano stuff" when it comes to dirt bikes! DMC motorsports in GA helped me alot, got the Elka shock custom made for this bike (he already had the specs), & helped me out on the SMPro wheelset with kx65 hubs, rr kx65 caliper, crf150 front caliper, custom caliper adapters he makes, & Galfer rotors/pads. Had the Zokies coated blue TiNi & added in the rebound cartridge (still needs custom valving). Some other custom machine work to replace worn parts no longer available, & cerakoting for the Daytona190 dress up. Hunting down swingarm pivot bearings (NKI 12/20 bearing) & this should be finished soon. Have a utube vid up on it, will put part 2 up when finished to explain everything. Figured I'd give people something to check out online while waiting for their Christmas dinner:) Hope everyone has a nice blessed Christmas馃巹

LETS GO BRANDON!!!

Part 1 video here if interested

Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire
Black Automotive tire Road surface Tire Asphalt
Musical instrument Wood Metal Machine Nickel
Asphalt Automotive tire Gas Wind instrument Road surface
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Rim Vehicle
Guitar accessory Automotive lighting Sleeve Automotive design Bumper
Wheel Tire Bicycle tire Automotive tire Vehicle

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Might have'er ready for A1馃槈

Got most of the new plastic & graphics mounted. Plastic set I got from Rocky Mountain for $30 was a good deal & came with white number plates which I wanted, most pieces fit perfect except the front fender. A little 'slotting out' of holes here & some custom reinforced washers there & everything fits. The new fork guards are actually for the Fast Ace forks but still bolt on to the Zokie lugs with a little patience & 'slotting', they are a little taller which I didn't know when I ordered, but the stock guards don't quite cover the very tip-top of the stanchions & fork seals so these give more protection, plus they have better front brake cable management than the std Zokie guards have. Hunting down swingarm pivot bearings, maybe some ODI lock-on grips, & this baby should be finished!!!

LETS GO BRANDON!!!
Wheel Tire Motorcycle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motorcycle Automotive lighting

Reactions: slickz50r

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ready for A1馃
Just about there, few minor details left & it should be 100% D-U-N馃コ. May send Zokies out for valving & upper anodizing so leaving Marzocchi decals off legs for now. Yes, right side panel graphic started de-laminating at top so decal people will get me a replacement:(

Stoked to be done hunting down parts & waiting for machine shop work!!!
Had to 'sleeve lok' the swingarm pivot bearings in place, there was a 0.005" gap issue, found out the bearings that came out had been glued too but 1 had shifted, the new ones will not move & swingarm has zero play! Found fresh swingarm pivot bearing o-rings thru McMaster Carr P/N 8333T178, a flourosilicone ring with perfect fit should help keep dirt/water out!

Stoked I found the YCF rr master cylinder with added red lid, was a direct bolt on replacement vs the stock black one that no one had! Also used YCF factory rr axle blocks vs the red 'pit bike' blocks, & YCF factory front master cylinder lid. Pro Taper gold mx chain running as long a wheel base as possible for now.

Play Dirt USA 'factory' Piranha daytona 190馃弳
Daytona covers cerakoted. SMpro wheelset. Galfer rotors. CRF150 frt caliper, Kx65 rr caliper. Zokies TiN coated w/rebound cartridge. Elka shock. Vortex 39t rr sprocket, PBI 15t frnt sprocket. Piranha billet shifter. IGP clutch perch/lever, IGP front brake lever. IRC front tire, Mich starcross soft rr tire.

Only thing I really couldn't find was an 'over the top' rr brake pedal, but will always be searching!
Will get a final junktube video on this build up soon.

LETS GO BRANDON!!!

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Motorcycle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Wheel Automotive lighting

Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Kitchen sink Bumper

Automotive tire Household hardware Wood Cylinder Plumbing fitting

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive lighting Gas

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive tire Vehicle

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive exterior Gas

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Reactions: slickz50r

Administrator
Coming along nicely.猸 I like the new wheels.o_O猸 Lots of good information. Quite the search for the swing arm bearings. Can't wait to see the finished product. (y) well done.
tmas

Registered
I really like the detail you are putting into this build. All the little upgrades make a difference. That bike is going to be a beast. Have you considered wrapping your exhaust to keep the heat temp down?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I really like the detail you are putting into this build. All the little upgrades make a difference. That bike is going to be a beast. Have you considered wrapping your exhaust to keep the heat temp down?
Thanks man appreciate the appreciation! I do have the exhaust wrap just haven't got to it yet. I had been running down a Scalvini exhaust but kind of given up on that, just kind of tired of hunting things down.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Got the #plate graphics squared away, #Tech had gotten some bad material & it was separating.
Haven't applied Marzocchi decals on upper fork tubes yet since I may still send the forks out to be set up better internally. Engine/carb still need a little fine tuning. Probably wont get the final junktube vid up till near end of year as I'm busy traveling.
This thing will run down 2000mules in a quick second.

LET GO BRANDON!!!
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Motorcycle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Motorcycle

1 - 12 of 12 Posts