PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the forum and small engines in general so be warned....I just bought this bike and have replaced the spark plug, cleaned the jets on the carburetor, and new gas....in that order. It still doesn't want to run properly. It will start right up with out the choke on and run fine sitting still...When I give it gas it goes till about 3/4 throttle then it starts to bog down, and misfire. I'm guessing the engine is getting too much gas....then when I come to a stop so does the motor. Seems to be idling at a good speed but, I don't know. Any ideas. Should i just replace the carb? I set the fuel/air/mixture screw back to factory setting... still nothing going right. HELP.

·
Vendor
10,890 Posts
Did you buy it new or used ?

Have you changed the oil ?

Do you have a clean , properly oiled air filter ?

Have you checked the valve tappet adjustment ?

are you running it with the choke on or off ?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Check to make sure the oil is new and that it is properly full. Use 10w-40 non syntethic.

Check to also make sure that your air filter is breathing properly and isnt too oiled/dirty.

Also, are you sure that your carb is clean and isn't running to rich or lean. That happened to me and the bike ran like shit.

I also recommend a 22 mm Mikuni carb from TBOLT USA , but the stock one should work if its properly running.

One last thing I can think of off the bat is to check the spark plug wire and make sure its sparking. The spark plug could also be failing if its not made for the pit bike.

Let us know, thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.