PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm really trying to give my LXR a unique look for the upcoming season and when I googled Pitster LXR I came across the attached image. This store is out of the UK but they are selling the new style plastic and saying it is in fact made for a 2013 LXR and will fit previous models but I'm curious if there is any truth to this. I actually really like the new look and will buy the new plastic as long as it bolts up to the frame/gas tank/etc.? Can I get any kind of confirmation on this? Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
771 Posts
Just take your stock plastics and cut them up, that is all you are seeing in the pictures.
That's what I was thinking they were doing. I probably won't cut mine. It'll be too straight and thin looking for me if its not molded that way.

Thanks Matt.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Its not just the tank shrouds that are different if you look closer you see it has the KTM style front fender and number plate also which is wicked!

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Yup definitely not the KTM conversion, looks like honda. Like Matified said shrouds are stock cut up. I wouldnt have trimmed as much off but it does have a dope look to it. Ktm front end in orange going on my LXR shortly.

·
Registered
317 Posts
2013/2015 lxr's sub frames are different. I have one of each. Thought about converting the 2013 but didn't want to change out the 2013 sub frame, front fender/plate. 2013 has its bennies when you just want to grap rear fender and throw it up on a stand. 2015 can do this as well yet your grapping only the real fender plastics. The sub frame doesnt run completly uner the rear fender like 2013 model. So I got a DRC HC2 adj lift stand for it. So for what it was worth both bikes are fine as they are lol. Their Pitster's, so you cant go wrong...

·
Registered
139 Posts
Are you running the oil cooler that came with the LXR?? i see you beefed up the feed and return lines for the oil cooler. If your running the stock Dual oil cooler set up; what did you do about the cross over tube? i haven't figured out an elegant way to have the cross over tube be less restricted then the little banjo bolt set up that they provided.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Yep crf110 front, throw the crf110 kit on the lxr mate like mine and some how euro guys are doing.

View attachment 134245

View attachment 134247
Are you running the oil cooler that came with the LXR?? i see you beefed up the feed and return lines for the oil cooler. If your running the stock Dual oil cooler set up; what did you do about the cross over tube? i haven't figured out an elegant way to have the cross over tube be less restricted then the little banjo bolt set up that they provided.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Looks like he is using stock oil coolers, AN fittings with steel braided line on a Daytona 190. I have custom oil lines on my LXR190 with stock coolers, made by CORE , I haven't done anything with the jumper line yet.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts