PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Vendor
3,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We shot this quick little video of one of the 2011 XTR 230 SC (SMALL CHASSIS) right before a big single track ride we took. We wanted everyone to see all the cool little details that set this model apart from other Play bikes in its class.

See more info here.. http://www.pitsterpro.com/bike/overview/id/40

Here are a few photos we snapped along a 50 mile Alpine single track loop. We put the optional desert tank and headlight on one bike to test those parts out too.

·
Vendor
3,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
kawasakicoby125 said:
I want one, just need some $$

Common now, I am sure you can find a way!

They are a blast, I love the single track trails on these little beasts! I had the helmet cam going only to find out the batteries didn't last long enough to get and Vid!! I guess that means we need to find some time to get back up and take some more!

The thing that is really impressive with on these bikes are the little details, fit and finish are great and things are "BEEFY"! Hubs, wheels and spokes are all super strong. The Electric start and low seat height are real handy in the nasty stuff. Gearing is good for about 60mph top speed and 1st is low enough for the nasty switch backs and rocky sections.

If you are looking for a bike you can play at the MX track with or take up in the nasty single track make sure you check out the xtr 230!

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
Look at the second picture, the GPS said we were 9600ft!! Not alot of peaks were higher than we were and the bikes still ran well!

It was beautiful up there, nice view and the wildlife was all you could hear.

·
Vendor
3,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
warpig0470 said:
oh i looked at the second pic. im jealous right now. that looks like my kinda trail riding for sure.

Drive your butt up here and demo one! I will take some guys who want up to demo in the single track, its a good excuse to get out from behind the computer!

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
Pitster said:
Drive your butt up here and demo one! I will take some guys who want up to demo in the single track, its a good excuse to get out from behind the computer!
Do it! Do it! There was a trail that was so sick we had to run it a few times !!!!

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
I was able to demo one of these bad boys today- wow I had such a good time. Thanks Pitster!

Bike is tons of fun to ride, even right out of the crate it handled really well. I couldn't believe how much 1st gear would torque down going up some of the stuff we road. 1 million times better that a ttr. The electric start is so amazing, I want my YZ to have one now!

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
nice views from that mountain, looks like fun! you guys should have wacked the throttle a few times.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
nice views from that mountain, looks like fun! you guys should have wacked the throttle a few times in that video.

·
Vendor
3,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
mattmoto441 said:
didnt u guys do some more vid on your 2nd ride?? where is that vid?

Yep right here..

·
Registered
43 Posts
i done posted this in the t-bolt section butgive it a try hear as well. im interested in one of these bikes but im curious of the size of it could someone post some pics of this bike with the 21-18 wheels maybe along side another bike like a cr250 or something of that kinda. one more thing has anyone upped the anty on the stock motor h.c. piston cams or anything im just curious on how its holdin up thanks alot

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
gomerkfx700 said:
i done posted this in the t-bolt section butgive it a try hear as well. im interested in one of these bikes but im curious of the size of it could someone post some pics of this bike with the 21-18 wheels maybe along side another bike like a cr250 or something of that kinda. one more thing has anyone upped the anty on the stock motor h.c. piston cams or anything im just curious on how its holdin up thanks alot
These bikes are indestructable.

I like riding the smaller wheel versions.

Here is a video done at a motocross,the 230 is stock 14/17 here, I entered the 450 sportsman class,, 23 entries and me, first moto went from dead last to 11th and second moto went up to 10th and finished 10th overall for the day.

This is the 2nd moto.

I have a 245cc kit that I am playing with and it seems solid.

·
Registered
43 Posts
thanks im a big guy probably way to big for this bike. at 6'4 about 300lbs so if i did get one id have to have the big wheels. but i really am just fed up with big hogs for bikes my last bike was a xt600 i loved it except for the almost 400lbs loaded ready to ride it would woop even a guy my size in a short short time in ruff stuff. and now i just want a small cheap to operate bike that i can just putt putt on.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts