PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, here is my review of this bike. I must tell you first that this is the first dirt bike that ive ever owned, but it is not the first iv ridden either. Ive rode just about every brand except KTM. Iv ridden them all for good extents of time not just 5 min. i weigh 162lbs without gear and am 5'10".

Positive Notes: Once started, the bike idles beautifly, throttle responce is sick due to (EFI). as a began to figure out the balances and ergonomics, i took the bike up some steep sandy hill. This bike kept pullin up these hills, it sure was impressive. i was actually shifting up into higher gears instead of shifting down. The shifting is great when shifting into higher gears, yet some what notchy (rough) when down shifting. Neutral is impossible to find when running. When blasting deep sand whoops, the suspension at stock settings worked great, but when i took it to the local track with several 70ft tripels, i had to slow the rebound in front and rear 2 clicks & stiffen both front and rear 2 clicks. then it was great the rest of the day. As the suspension heated up, they did not fade. Did i mention that it sounds MEAN! Turning is of course wonderful! Its a suzuki! The turning response is rated like a (1=slowest & 10=fastest) bout a 6. The chain is holding up great. tightened one time and it has been great ever since. I do not like the tires. Personal Pref. If you are a desert rider, buy a larger tank cause i rode for only 2 hrs this weekend and the wasnt a drop of fuel in the tank. The ergonomics are great also, not very narrow nor wide. the pegs at first seemed set back too far, but i soon found out they are just right. The (i believe) 52mm pegs are nice as well.

Negative notes: This bike wont start right a way for nothing. This bike as an attitude. It likes full (top of stroke) kicks. and if you were to ask me, how much fuel to give it? i would answer dude just guess. Iv tried everything. Oh, when hot you might as well take the bike to the pits and have a drink cause this bike wont start till it feels like it or cools off. It is heavier then most of the bikes out there. And thats basically it.

i hope this review will help some.

*i would surely recommend this bike*

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Are you new to starting four stroke big bikes? if so that could be why its hard to start, and on efi i dont think you give it gas to start it? i could be wrong though but on my 450 which is efi it wont start if you give it gas, and great reveiw! :cool:

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^^^ no brotha. i got possibly 4 yrs experience startin the 4-stroke. iv never been able to start it without throttle. it like just a hint of fuel while starting.

·
Registered
666 Posts
buy a KTM,they are the cats meow,no problem starting ever,no throttle,but even my 450r efi honda no throttle required, and my buddy just got the same bike as you ,and it starts fine hot or cold ,first kick,no throttle? maybe theres an issue ! even my old 300 ktm 2 smoke dont run outta fuel that quick,2hrs hmmm that may explain hard starting as well,unless its a 1.5 gallon tank

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
Fi bikes don't start with any twist. Because there is no float bowl for error. When kicked and the throttle is slightly open the whole system tells itself that it's time to go when he bike won't start. This then messes up the entire system and this is why u can't start it when u have the throttle cracked. Plus when it's hot, give it a cools down lap or 2 and it should start fine the next time around.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im telling you all. iv tried it all. i think i might be sissy kicken it LOL. ill go home and kick it over and tell you all exactly what im doing. the bike runs awsome though i dont think there is a problem.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wraith said:
im telling you all. iv tried it all. i think i might be sissy kicken it LOL. ill go home and kick it over and tell you all exactly what im doing. the bike runs awsome though i dont think there is a problem.

ok, i went home and checked my bike out. Guess what? i figured out what the problem was! the chock was not set correctly (im not sure if its a chock or a idle screw) its a black screw you pull out during cold start. With carb bikes its a chock, just dont know if people still call it that on efi bikes. well checked my manuel and adjusted it. Now she starts no problem!!! 2nd or third kick every time hot or cold baby! im pumped. Now i must say this bike has no flaws

1 - 8 of 8 Posts