PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone tried the swap yet, or have seen if this works. I wanna try and swap over my three speed to a new 4 speed shift drum, from the 2010 klx110. Any help would be appreciated.

cory

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
mini rider 140 said:
The 2010 110's are 4 speed already

Duh...really?

Not only is it already a 4-speed shift drum, it's 1-down / 3-up pattern. I wonder if it works better than the Tak 1/3^,

I've heard the Tak goes false nooutral a lot.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Well I hope it works because the guy at the bike shop got me one from a 2010 but from my undrstanding it will

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well let us know if it works asap, and what you had to do to make it work, if anything. Hopefully it is a quick and easy drop in and go.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I also just cross referenced the part numbers from the 2008 model crankcases, and 2010 model crankcases, and they are different part numbers. not sure

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
Are both cases different part numbers? I know the LH one would be different because it has the opening for the Estart. I was thinking about putting the 2010 motor in my '03 chassis. I was wanting to bag the Estart though. I know the 2010 shift drum will work in the old motor as BBR has done the inverse before. Not sure what other parts they had to use to get it to work out. --L*64

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ya it would be nice if someone would do a how-to once everything is worked out when using the new 4 speed drum. only time will tell.

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
If the cases are the same other than the left one being plugged on the pre '10 motors, and the '09 stator will work on the '10 crank-- you could put the newer motor in the old bike (and use the older electrics). The advantage being in stock form, where the new motor is supposed to be 15% stronger than the old one. That-- and I like the 1 down first gear alot better than the all up pre '10 motors. --L*64

1 - 16 of 16 Posts