PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up guys. Im new to the mini world. Been racing moto-x for about 9 years. Decided to step it down and take it easy on the body for a while. Purchased a 2010 KLX 110L recently and I love it. Needs to get unwound though. Seems choked up. So here's my thoughts on some pretty basic/essential first mods as far as performance goes. Something I can be happy with.....for now.

BBR D2 Exhaust

BBR U-Flow Air Filter

BBR Either 100 or 102 Main Jet

and of course a cradle from Tboltusa

For you guys who have done this before...how does that setup sound for an initial little power gain while keeping all other engine components stock for now? Anything I should think about? Add? Consider? Change?

Thanks for any advice fellas. Happy rippin'!

·
Registered
134 Posts
hey man I have a 2010 L also. I put a BBR U-Flow, Yoshimura RS2 pipe, cradle, Pro Taper SE bars, and jetted it 90main and 40pilot and the power gain was awesome. Little more than I expected. heres a picture of mine

Good Luck and have fun!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice looking 110 man! Sick! I like that setup. You didn't find the 90 a little low at all? I guess if it works for you, it should work for me. We have the same bike. What's ur climate like? I have low humidity and mid 70's to 90's during the riding season here in North Dakota.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Well it gets pretty humid here during the summer but for now its been working great. I live in PA and its been like 55's to 70's. I would test some jetting out to see what is best for where you are. I mean it might be that you have a different pipe, but BBR recommends a really high main. Bike feels great at 90.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I'll just mess around with different jets, considering those are the cheapest to purchase numerous sizes of. Seems as though BBR is out of stock on a lot of the jets I'd like to try. Where did you pick yours up at?

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
the next mods i would get are peg mount and pegs and over the top brake pedal, i think it makes the 110 feel alot better.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I got mine from BBR actually. It says they are out of stock but they dont update that site too often I guess. I sent a private message to bbrmotorsports on here and the sent me a paypal payment request for the jets. they have most of them instock. just doesnt allow you to buy them on the site. shoot them a PM.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cool thanks man. Good info here. Definitely pick up some bigger pegs and a better mount. What's an over the top break pedal?

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
REDRUM said:
Cool thanks man. Good info here. Definitely pick up some bigger pegs and a better mount. What's an over the top break pedal?
it goes over the pegs insted of under, has a better feel and is more stronger.

here is a pic of one.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
your also going to want some taller bars like the ones on the bike above and maybe stiffer fork springs with diff oil, thats about all you should have to do for it to be a fun stocker

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
For sure some taller bars. I'm only 5' 7" at 142 lbs, but I did notice some taller bars would be nice. Thanks for all the input fellas! Cant wait to start spending money and pissing the wife off some more! haha. J/K.....(maybe)

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
yep let the money spending start, i had a stocker and ended up with a full mod now im tearing it down and doing a little more :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts