PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting
Motor vehicle Gas Auto part Machine Engineering
Found this in a shed the other day, picked it up for a couple hundred bucks, looks like it will need a new crank and camshaft for sure, after looking at parts prices, maybe I should have left it in the shed.:LOL: Do you think it is worth the investment or should I just part it out?, always wanted one but now I'm second guessing myself. Hambone

·
Administrator
10,499 Posts
That final choice is yours to make, honestly. How bad do you want one? A highly probable cost of 2K for new parts and a complete engine rebuild is what I see on the cooler and still bolted in the frame. Looking like another $600 minimum to redo both wheels, assuming that if you keep it, you're going to ride it hard like it was made to do from the factory.

If you have deep pockets and enough time and/or facilities to do it all yourself, I'd say have at it. Otherwise, ease it on down the road to recoup your expenses.

Just my 2¢...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can rebuild it at my shop, has new cylinder, piston and cam carrier but crank is ruff and bearing on camshaft is bad, if I can't find some t/o parts, I will send it down the road, wheels are ok, just a few loose spokes, looking at $700+ dollars in engine parts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts