PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't been on this forum in a few years. I'm sure this question has been discussed here many times. My bike has been sitting 3 years or so and has the Takegawa 124 +r engine. Had this engine size because of class restrictions and it ran very well. I'm ready to upgrade to a larger cylinder and TB stroker crank. What cylinder/piston will work with my +r head? I don't want to mess with the Take 178 s-cut (don't like the short skirt) and I plan on boring the cases for a larger cylinder. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Haven't been on this forum in a few years. I'm sure this question has been discussed here many times. My bike has been sitting 3 years or so and has the Takegawa 124 +r engine. Had this engine size because of class restrictions and it ran very well. I'm ready to upgrade to a larger cylinder and TB stroker crank. What cylinder/piston will work with my +r head? I don't want to mess with the Take 178 s-cut (don't like the short skirt) and I plan on boring the cases for a larger cylinder. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks
You have lots of options. The question becomes just how big do you wanna go with it? The best bang for your buck since your going to case bore is do this top end
http://tboltusa.com/store/tb-drz110-klx110-178cc-bore-kit-p-8599.html and a tb 55mm stroker. 67mm bore x 55mm stroke ='s 193.91cc. And before you ask the normal questions like.....

*will the piston work with the +R head?
A.) Yes it most certainly will. Any of the V2 piston will interchange with the R head

* is that piston a scut piston?
A.) No it is not it is a full skirt slug. It will 100% require case boring. But you have noted you plan on case boring so no issues there.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not really looking for the largest CC motor. Just the most reliable with the biggest bang for the buck. I'm sure many people on this forum has tried every combination. Thanks for your reply.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What's a good 143 piston, cylinder and head/base gasket manufacture. The TB casted piston is cheap looking compared to the top notch Takegawa stuff, just my opinion.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not bad mouthing TB and have not bought anything from them in several years, perhaps their quality is better now. I just looked at the tboltusa.com's website, that TB 178 kit looks killer.:D

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Not bad mouthing TB and have not bought anything from them in several years, perhaps their quality is better now. I just looked at the tboltusa.com's website, that TB 178 kit looks killer.:D
I'm telling you the tb 178cc bbk and tb 55mm stroker is a sweet setup. I pretty recently built a R headed klx with that bore and stroker for a member on here by the name of koby686 and currently in the middle of building a carbon copy of his.

http://planetminis.com/forums/roost-area/201973-koby-stormin-ultimate-weapon.html

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
That's badass. So with the TB 178, i can get my cases bored and use that with the TB base and head gaskets. Is that it?
Yes sir that is all there is to it. Just simply purchase the top end. which it comes complete with cylinder, top end gaskets, piston rings and clips. Then have your cases bored and then assemble and give her hell.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.