PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 03 klx 110 has no spark. Already tried disconnecting the kill switch plug and no luck. Next I disconnecting and cleaned the connections that lead to neutral switch. Grounded the light green wire and still no spark. I did notice the plug was missing 1 metal prong as shown in the pic. Any suggest next test?

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Gas Automotive exterior Auto part

·
Registered
132 Posts
I would try the coil. you can use any DC car coil to check your wires and connections. I'm running an MSD performance coil on my pit bike. The other things to check are the CDI box, the electronic pick up inside the fly wheel, and all grounding spots.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Did some more testing with the Ohm meter today and it appears the problem is the regulator at the neck of the frame. I'm looking online to order the part and notice OEM cost up toward $100. The aftermarket are more reasonably priced. Wondering if anyone thinks aftermarket are safe to use? Don't want to mess anything up.

·
Administrator
11,188 Posts
It's worth the extra money to buy OEM parts, especially electrical parts. The unofficial rule-of-thumb is to buy the cheaper aftermarket parts two at a time, so you have an immediate backup on hand. Just my 2¢...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts