PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i now have my bike stroked out(110ish) and is running fine but unfortunately im now on my 3rd pipe already(Ultima JNR) and wanted to know weither it would be worth upgrqading to the full blown ultima? FYI 20mm carb, 85 main, 52mm HC piston on a stroked crank with power rev.



Secoundly.... i have now damaged my fly wheel after sheering the ruff key off.... to replace stock flywheel is like £100 and only £225 for an inner rotor kit. Again is it worth the upgrade? or simply by stock again.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,515 Posts
First off, you need to upgrade your carb to at least a 24mm. The 20mm carb on a 110 is way too small.



Secondly, you will get more gains with the Ultima pipe, but for the time being, you can run the Junior.



Lastly, if it were my bike, I wouldn't run an inner-rotor with a stroker crank, I'd get a new flywheel or post an ad in the classifieds and see if you can pick up a used one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
461 Posts
get a stock one and shave it....that will work fine. and wut did u do to the pipes?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
re pipes i bought the fmf powercore and was very disapointed.... ive squished the stocker and im now on an ultima jnr which is great but wondered how much a difference its bigger brother would be....



As for the 20mm carb, really??? it runs sweet but maybe it DOES have even more potential with the bigger carb??? im gonna try and borrow my mates xsport carb and just see what that runs like.... anyone know what carb size the xsports come with?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hmmmn thanks for the heads up on the carb front....evryone i talk to is saying its way under carbed now..... right carb is now up forsale so i need a new 24mm+. Any recommendations??? ive been advised the mikuni 28 semi flat slide will run sweetO?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,515 Posts
Run a round slide carb unless you are an expert tuner. Flat slide carbs and their derivatives are extremely difficult to tune.



If you are riding your bike in the dirt, run a 24mm carb. If the bike is for street use, run a Mikuni VM26 and jet accordingly.



I wouldn't worry about upgrading the pipe unless you are competitively racing. The bigger pipe will give you better performance, but may not be worth the added expense at your juncture.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
294 Posts
.

I have the same exact kit. I am running a ultima pipe and a shaved fly wheel with a 20mm carb and it runs awesome. I tried the bigger carb and it ran worse. I tried the 22mm keihin and mikuni. My 20mm worked better.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
^ Now your just confusing the matter :)



are you running a stroked 88???



To be honest the bike runs sweet and pretty crisp but wasnt sure if the carb was holding anything back?



When you guys say shaved flywheel are you DIY'ing or Ghettoing your old fly wheels??? can this be done yourself or has it gotta go to a machine shop???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: .

CMaDillac said:
I have the same exact kit. I am running a ultima pipe and a shaved fly wheel with a 20mm carb and it runs awesome. I tried the bigger carb and it ran worse. I tried the 22mm keihin and mikuni. My 20mm worked better.


out of curiosity what kinda jetting are you running.... i was 76 on a standard 88kit but with the bigger head and stroker kit im now running an 85 with the clip 1 up from middle.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
110 Posts
Snoop - sorry to interupt your thread, I just have a question now that were on the topic.



I'm thinking about sending my motor off to PRC to get it stroked to a 110. I wanted to keep my 20mm carb. for more bottom end power. If you got a 22-24mm carb. wouldn't take away from the bottom - mid range power? Z88R whats your opinion on that I'm just curious?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,787 Posts
The 20mm will give lots of off idle responce and bottom end pull, just not as much once it revs out. Basically you just might not be able to run 70mph. I think the 22mm would be a good medium.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
294 Posts
sn00p said:
^ Now your just confusing the matter :)



are you running a stroked 88???



To be honest the bike runs sweet and pretty crisp but wasnt sure if the carb was holding anything back?



When you guys say shaved flywheel are you DIY'ing or Ghettoing your old fly wheels??? can this be done yourself or has it gotta go to a machine shop???
I am running a kitaco 88cc cylinder, 52mm stroker crank from DR.ATV, 20mm carb that came with my kitaco kit, ported xr70 head and a shaved fly wheel, not "ghettoing" it, it was shaved with a lathe. I guess thats how you spell it. Took about 12oz off of it.



My bike dosent pull quite as many rpm as it did before I installed the crank but it makes up for it with BIG bottom end out the turns. I tried the 22mm carbs and it ran like poooo!



The jetting that I am running on the 20mm carb is a 38 pilot 85 main and needle in the middle. Air screw about 1 3/4 turn out. This is weird but before I put the crank it it, I was running a 92 main and the plug was pretty white. I put the crank in and the plug turned black, way too rich. I went down to the 85 main and it runs great with the plug brown.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
294 Posts
RedBaron_694 said:
Snoop - to interupt your thread, I just have a question now that were on the topic.



I'm thinking about sending my motor off to PRC to get it stroked to a 110. I wanted to keep my 20mm carb. for more bottom end power. If you got a 22-24mm carb. wouldn't take away from the bottom - mid range power? Z88R whats your opinion on that I'm just curious?
I think if you went up to a 22 or 24 carb and got it to run right, it would take away from your bottom and mid range power. Depending on what type of riding your doing if you want top end or bottom end. I ride mostly all dirt where I love the bottom end power for pulling like crazy out the turns.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
110 Posts
Thats what I figured the smaller carb. would be good for. Thanks for the reply on that CMaDillac. I just need to make a decision on building this motor up because I love bottom to mid range power. It really suits my riding style.



Do you think the 110 stroker will hang with 106 superheads up to 117 Kitacos because if I go with this 110 deal it needs to be competitive for racing the pro class. I don't want to get pulled all over the track and regret not getting the 117 in the first place.



Whats the scoop?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,515 Posts
CMaDillac said:
[quote name='RedBaron_694']Snoop - to interupt your thread, I just have a question now that were on the topic.



I'm thinking about sending my motor off to PRC to get it stroked to a 110. I wanted to keep my 20mm carb. for more bottom end power. If you got a 22-24mm carb. wouldn't take away from the bottom - mid range power? Z88R whats your opinion on that I'm just curious?
I think if you went up to a 22 or 24 carb and got it to run right, it would take away from your bottom and mid range power. Depending on what type of riding your doing if you want top end or bottom end. I ride mostly all dirt where I love the bottom end power for pulling like crazy out the turns.[/quote]



You guys have to be choking off serious top end with a 20mm carb! Get a round slide PE24 Keihin and jet the sucker! I ran a 24mm on my 88 and run a 20mm on my newer 88, and the 20mm runs out of steam much faster. For a 110cc motor, the smallest I would run would be a properly jetted 22mm, and my ideal would be a 24. You have to take some time and jet properly to get the best of both worlds.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
its just plain and simply getting more confusing.... ok, top end i dont come anywhere near to topping it out in 3rd gear as the track we use is quite tight and tehnical rather than straight and fast (all my riding is dirt) at the moment it picks up real well and has a kinda crisp 2 stroke feel to it off bottom where as my mates xsport 110 seems a little lethargic allthough has much more torque, im guessing this is due to his running a 24mm carb.... thats food for thought maybe i will go 22 and find the happy medium....



Im hopefully gonna borrow his carb this weekend and see how that runs for comparison. i'll post back and let you know.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
982 Posts
I'm running a 22mm mikuni on my 105 , works krazy :twisted: once you figure out the needle and jetting. Also the mikuni main is easily changed on the side of the float bowl . There sold at dratv.com . Thats just my fiddy cents worth. :D .
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top