PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how many of you have +1s and hd springs? do you like the setup for the price? im building a new 50 and am thinking about going with +1s and an ishock with the stock swingarm.. ill be doing a bit of racing but mostly freeriding and building jumps to hit.. ive heard of the lowers being so strong they can crack the fork housing?

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
I had em but Im selling them, remember your bushings :wink:

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
rmrider said:
how many of you have +1s and hd springs? do you like the setup for the price? im building a new 50 and am thinking about going with +1s and an ishock with the stock swingarm.. ill be doing a bit of racing but mostly freeriding and building jumps to hit.. ive heard of the lowers being so strong they can crack the fork housing?

i have it and ive gotten really used to it its way stiffer than anything else but thats how i ride and they hardly ever bottom, sometimes i w ish they wer sofer for trails but i mostly jump. the price is edgy, its kind of an investment thing, save up for 450$ forks or spend 200 for somthing solid. ive seen the housing getting warped but that was while the frame bent badly. i reccomend a framebrace if your goin big. the aftermarket bushings are a improvement, you could just get those and some springs and wait and see it your putting enoug stress to bend the forks then get the cromo's after they fail. you can ride a ishock with stock forks and springs without a problem look into a chain roller tho!

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
I didnt really like them, they were fine but than I started going big and I wished I didnt spend the money on them :?

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
A chain and a roller! That stock chain wasnt meant for our fat asses...tighten it and go do about 2 wheelies and its already stretched out lol :lol:

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i stretched the frame on my 03xr the first month i got it.. the lowers were getting iffy by the third month so i definately want something over stock.. i was debating the sp5s or xr70 forks but figure all these fmxers use the +1s so they must be decent

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
+1's are great if you dont mind riding a bike that is rigid and doesnt really feel like it has forks. I would say go with the BBR's, way nicer of a ride and they will work just as well for jumping if not better.

·
Registered
736 Posts
if your legs arent bent, why buy the +1s?

they don't do a single thing different, besides raise the bike up a inch

if you want a cheap solution, buy just the springs... that way its only $40 instead of $200+.

actually, throw the whole assembly away, and buy real forks.

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
yo cam!

they do increase travel ya know, if i had the money for it theyd be in my stock box in a split second. but we all have to work with what we have, remember most people dont want to spend three grand to make a race bike with wings. lets try not to preach to everyone!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.