PlanetMinis Forums banner

121 - 140 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Japan has some the craziest mini collections in the world!! When they are into something, THEY ARE INTO SOMETHING!!

Not my favorite skyline...but I’m also interested a bit more in the beat. Ha!

Recently I got way too into the autozam AZ1. I had to stop. I heard myself trying to come up with plan fo talk to the wife. Hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #124

Those were just the ones I happen to have saved on my phone already. The yellow one was a exporter friend of mine, he's big into Mini's so he often has one or two in stock ready to go out the door.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
Cruised for about two hours and picked some stuff up. Mind was blown when I came across the NSR front end with brembo disc setup +OVER rear end with brembos. Oh and then there was this sad Monkey that looks like it has been left outside for a few years. Clocked in over 9000km's, couldn't get it to start. I'm guessing the gas was old, there was no spark, oh and the kick starter missing every third kick was probably bad too.

For $300, if I was going to be here longer, I would have happily picked it up to restore/flip.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Yeah, it’s insane!! Seems like everything I’m into are export items. I’ve never had the luxury of walking into a store and finding the things I need for the hobbies I have. It’s awesome that you are taking FULL advantage of it while you have it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #130
FULL advantage would mean I bought that setup.. I would say I'm taking advantage of what I have but I wish my pockets were deeper. That said, I started looking at full motors and they are pretty reasonably priced for a 108 built using Takegawa or Kitaco parts..part of me wants to just go that route inside of putting in the 82 bbk.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
Can someone tell me whats going on with the middle of my cam? Why does it look like a piece is broken off in it and the previous owner tried to pull it out and failed?

For comparison, here is the same cam

I'm guess it wont be safe to run since the cam sprocket isn't going to sit flush. Should I try to pull it out, grind it down, tap it into the cam or call it a fidget spinner and get another one?

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
The easiest way I know to pull a stuck dowel is to find a tap that screws in snugly, hold the end of the tap in a vise, and pull the cam with your hands. If that does not work, a brass or aluminum drift, or just a piece of wood can be used to tap against the outer face of the cam. You need to have the dowel to center the cam sprocket.

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Wow, that deal is pretty hard to beat! G-craft and Brembo! Oh yeah, as far as the dowel removal, forgot the hole in the cam might allow the dowel to be knocked out with a piece of rod and a hammer from the backside.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #136 (Edited)
Good news is, I got some NOS 23mm OD swing arm bushings!

Bad news is, thats not what fits my Takegawa swing arm. I'm on the hunt for 16mm OD / 10mm ID / 26mm length, hooray! I guess length isn't a huge deal, I can always cut it down to fit. Put in an email to Takegawa's english account to see if they can help.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #137
Haven't heard back from Takegawa and I can't find any bushings to work. I could buy some delrin and drill it out but I can't seem to find any 16mm rods in Japan (not the easiest thing to search for either). Might have to just cut my losses and get another swing arm.

Might put the Baja on hold since I just picked up another project...

Don't judge my garage, I got what I got.

121 - 140 of 153 Posts