PlanetMinis Forums banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
And let the parts buying spree begin! I have around two months left so I'm getting stuff while I can.

Just picked up this exhaust - MINIMOTO Monkey Oval Stainless Muffler VerUP 12000 Yen Excluding Tax | Full Exhausts | Croooober
Also Kitaco kick starter to clear the exhaust and a pair of no-fad pads.

I was thinking about going to rear disc set up, I would like to toss either my 88 or 108 I have back in the states in the bike. I have no idea where to start with a rear disc set up, could someone tell me if this is the right way to go? Retaining my rear brake pedal and not going to lever is ideal..

I would love to keep the bike bone stock (I'll retain all OEM parts I take off) but for rideability it seems upgrades are ideal...

Family photo!

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Toss on the Minimoto exhaust. It's a beaut for the price, the welds are gorgeous. Pulled the silencer cause I like noise, sounds like my buddies SV650, it's loud. Tossed on the Takegawa kicker and she just barely clears. Love this bike, glad I got it. Picked up some Kitaco no fad pads, thats the next adventure.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Absolutely love the exhaust. Starting to put some miles on the bike. I really feel like it needs an oil cooler.. I'm starting to wonder if whoever added the 75 kit added an high volume oil pump or not.

Check out my "garage" photos, put some Kitaco no fad pads on. The OEM pads were pretty low and glazed over.

I can't wait to get back to the states and own a home with a garage.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Awesome to see you getting some miles on her. These silly little bikes bring sooo many smiles. Just awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
I want to ride every day but it's rain season and I refuse to ride with even the slightest change of rain. The paint is in horrible shape with some bad surface rust. Which sucks because finding replica decals for the entire bike (not just the iconic Baja livery) is going to be tough, maybe I'll see if a shop that does custom wraps can help. I want to have the bike stripped and powder coated, it deserves the best.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
What decals are you looking for? Remember, you know a graphic designer who just so happen to love the Baja;-)

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Right... I can be forgetful.

I would need the standard three (front, tank, side) but there are some reflective HONDA logos around the bike; Front fork right near fender and rear swingarm)

There is also a Japanese decal (a warning label) on the handle bars..not a great photo but you can kinda see it here

Then we have the frame decals, the green one is metal and maybe able to be removed?

So yeah, nothing crazy. I just want to do it right if I'm gonna do it.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I’d have to believe they sell some of them BUT recreating shouldn’t be too much trouble...with better pix.

I have recreated the front and tank decals already...

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
The green label can be removed. It is glued on with rubber cement. Best way to remove that I have found is to spray some WD-40 around the edges, let soak for an hour or longer, then use a heat gun to warm it up good, and it will slide off with a little careful razor blade work.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Quite a list. Looks like the green plate is still available and the reflective stickers are superseeded by another version.
(I know my ape has those reflective stickers on the forks)
These are the numbers (available and not available mentions from cmsnl site)
Green plate by neck 87501165670 av
label on top of tank 87560115050ZA na
color label 87565GAR300ZA na
label left side frame neck 87560115050ZA na
label top handlebar 87510GAR300ZA na
reflective sticker on fork and swingarm 87130GW6000 sup 87130KAE740 av

Only I can not find a reflective sticker by the rear fender?

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #52 (Edited)
Quite a list. Looks like the green plate is still available and the reflective stickers are superseeded by another version.
(I know my ape has those reflective stickers on the forks)
These are the numbers (available and not available mentions from cmsnl site)
Green plate by neck 87501165670 av
label on top of tank 87560115050ZA na
color label 87565GAR300ZA na
label left side frame neck 87560115050ZA na
label top handlebar 87510GAR300ZA na
reflective sticker on fork and swingarm 87130GW6000 sup 87130KAE740 av

Only I can not find a reflective sticker by the rear fender?
You didn't have to go out of your way to find all those! Thank you man, I appreciate it.

For the ones AV from CMSNL, how would I order them? Do they ship internationally?

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Something called desocialinzing because coronavirus advice, avoiding chores and nothing better to do. And as I have a tribe of those addictive small wheels I know where to look for online partslists.

Normally I would first try my local honda dealer.
You even could try webike, you can also quote/order oem stuff there, especially when you have the partnumbers.

To answer your question, cmsnl do ship internationally, as I do not know whether you are in japan or US right now you better ask them yourself: Contact CMSNL.com

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Looks like fun! Maybe consider wearing a pair of gel padded biking shorts under your clothes to help with the stiff seat?

I was thinking just no pants at all! I wonder if those bike shorts would help, I'm sure they would feel a bit odd tho..

41 - 58 of 58 Posts