PlanetMinis Forums banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Really, really nice.

You will find that your baja only has a 2V battery for the neutral and sidestand lights. The rest is on a 12V AC regulator with no battery whatsoever.
LED's not necessary. (and as leds are rectifiers, I do not know what will happen in the AC circuit...)

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Oh.

The more you know. This is why I like to bounce things off you guys first.

My buddy might sell his SV1000 that he just bought and get that Baja 250. It's only $2,500ish USD which I feel like is a great deal for that condition.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
My buddy just got his Baja here in the states and I was very impressed with the output of the electricals. At idle the horn blasts, the light is good and the blinkers work. Pretty damn impressive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Please tell me his horn is also incredibly loud? Someone asked me to describe it and I said, take the highest pitch note in a car alarm and just hold that note. I was blown away with that little buzzer.

I'm so tired of sitting in 10 minutes of traffic for a 5 minute drive, I'm just itching to get on this thing. Lane splitting is completely legal here and saves a ton of time.

·
Registered
30 Posts
What kind of wheels do you have, I'm particularly fond of Sakuras, Technophantoms, Long Champs, & the obligatory Watanabes. Currently I have 01 equips on my hachiroku. That weight limit sucks but you could rent a mini container for your return trip.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
What kind of wheels do you have, I'm particularly fond of Sakuras, Technophantoms, Long Champs, & the obligatory Watanabes. Currently I have 01 equips on my hachiroku. That weight limit sucks but you could rent a mini container for your return trip.
I'm more of the obscure type. I love aero/directional wheels. I honestly don't buy 'whats hot' and 'sell well', I buy what I think is cool and if they sell well back in the US, cool. If not, for what I bought them for, I'll surely break even. Here is my current inventory (minus a set of Rays Volk mesh to match the C84 aero covers).

Back to Baja's.. Are these covers rare, uncommon, or even desirable?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've seen those headlight covers before. cant quite remember where but I think it was an article in 4mini about the Baja and all the original accessories. probably 10ish years ago.

that wheel collection is looking sick. Aero wheels are sick, my buddy had an ef hatch w racing hart Aeros and they looked dope.

Currently I'm looking for a kyusha to import, leaning towards either a 230/330 cedric or x41 corona coupe/sedan. Not sure what wheels I want to put on it tho.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Do the x41! That's a pretty awesome car, if those are you two options. As far as wheels, mannn are there a lot of options out there!

Those headlight covers, safe to say they are pretty hard to find and would be worth a few bucks if one popped up on the market ;) ?

Cooper- Thanks! I can't wait to refinish them and get them on peoples cars. They are certainly more unique then what is popular right now and that's why I enjoy them so much.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Was thinking about grabbing this exhaust but I'm not sure how the up sweep design will work with the plastics. About 90% of the exhausts here are this style since most people are riding the older Z50's.

https://www.croooober.com/en/item/10470323/Full-Exhausts/NHRC-Monkey-Cab-Car-Steel-X-Carbon-Down-Muffler

Aside from OVER RACING and a few Yosh pipes that are all over $300, there isn't much out that mimics the OEM pipe bend. Z50R/XR50 weren't very popular in Japan.

I thought about this exhaust which I ran on my Z50R build but I remember the exhaust coming up a little short of the plastics and I was concerned about melting them. I may still go this route and try to space the fender away from the exhaust.

Peformance Exhaust 4 – Z50 K3-99 Models - TBparts.com

Open to any suggestions as well! If someone has a way to make an up sweep work with the plastics, I'm all ears.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
There is really almost nothing in the up pipes that fits without touching or drilling holes in the plastic except that illusive kitaco and some older american pipe for the plastic z50r (progun or something). There is also a old takegawa but that is a) very loud and b) coming right in the path of the tail light.

Do not believe that those modern monkey up pipes fit, they touch the plastic and or blow their hot exhaust gases against the rear cowl. :(

I tried a realize steez (or steed) with a home made bracket so I did not have to drill the cowl. + It fits and looks nice, - too low to the ground and nothing in the muffler(It is just hollow, like they forgot something)

93(Z50Jp) mods, realize steez, kitaco 8x3.5, heidenau K75 4.0(to get the rideheight a litte up, low "muffler").
DSCN0127_c.jpg

DSCN0129_c.jpg

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #32 (Edited)
Man.. It looks like it's gonna have to be custom or custom bracket like yours. Here is my last build with that TB exhaust, really shows how short it is. If I recall, I had to manipulate it so it wouldn't touch the plastics but the exit was still into the plastics.

I regret selling that bike, it was my first full restoration.

Maybe I can find a pipe for cheap and have a shop custom fit it... I just had a shop make a full custom exhaust for my car, so I guess with money, anything is possible!

Maybe the Z50R exhaust would be better than the OEM Baja. Same design but the American one had the baffle that could be removed, the OEM Baja is just a pea shooter you can't do anything with..

edit;
Maybe I just run a low sweep blast pipe?

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I think custom might be the way. You can get a real cheap pipe designed for larger bores but look original. Cut it up to use the header piper and then open up the “silencer” section of a US 90s Z50R pipe. The tail pipe in the Baja my friend just got us MUCH smaller and not removable like the US version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
The tail pipe in the Baja my friend just got us MUCH smaller and not removable like the US version.
Yup, Japan is pretty serious about their noise levels out here. When you go through JCI (annual inspection) you have to either a) have OEM exhaust or b) have an exhaust that meets JMCA requirements and have the documentation that matches the serialized exhaust pipe on your bike.

They don't mess around.

As far as my dilemma, I think I'm going to go with the CF up sweep exhaust and make an extended bracket for it. The price is right if it doesn't work out and I wont be too upset to just save the pipe and bring it back for another project.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Well. I had to store the bike for 6 months as I'm away for work. I miss riding it. Before I left I tossed on some Daytona 265mm shocks the night before I took an "advanced riders course".

The riders course was a joke, I found it waaaay easier than the basic course I took in 2013. The worst part was it was a small parking lot and a lot of accelerate and braking. With a 77cc bore kit and no oil cooler, the bike was hurting pretty bad. Yes, I went full moto just for the hell of it.

Also picked this up before I left too ;)

First thing is first when I get back, I need to order those deleron front fork bushings, the wobble is bad.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Nice find, that are some sought after spares. (Only missing the white blinkers and gauge cluster.)

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Few more months until I'm reunited with the my bike! I'm constantly searching for parts to buy in Japan and bring back with me... I'm already way over my weight allowance but luckily I have a friend who can ship items to me after I leave.

21 - 40 of 54 Posts