PlanetMinis Forums banner

141 - 160 of 214 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #143
It's at 20,000y right now which is roughly.. eh $185. YAJ isn't like Ebay tho, you can't bid snipe at the last minute. Every time someone bids <10 minutes, it resets to 10 minutes. So you get good bid wars at the end.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
You’re right to do it. Take FULL advantage of where you’re at...and what you can grab. The age old excuse of, “yeah but do you know how much this will be worth when I get home” HAS to be on repeat. Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #146
Niels- Yeah, I wouldn't touch it. It would take years to fully complete it. Rather spend full price on a complete one.

Coop- I'm taking advantage! I just scooped a bunch of NOS parts for the Compo, can't do that in the US.

There is a clapped out one of these Monkey Limo's I can get for cheap... It's REALLY really tempting but I think that would be pushing it.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
View attachment 272044

View attachment 272045
View attachment 272046

View attachment 272047

Those were just the ones I happen to have saved on my phone already. The yellow one was a exporter friend of mine, he's big into Mini's so he often has one or two in stock ready to go out the door.
So that yellow mini is now in the USA, and sporting a few additional mods/changes. I randomly came across an ad for it on a Mini Cooper forum. For sale of course.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #153
So that yellow mini is now in the USA, and sporting a few additional mods/changes. I randomly came across an ad for it on a Mini Cooper forum. For sale of course.

I'm guessing its in ATL, thats who he has a partnership with.

So I took the dive today, not full prepared but made it kinda work. In retrospect: Should have used a real chain delinker, not a MTN bike one; probably should have bought shocks before; f*** was it hot out.

I'm going to buy some 330mm's which should help, those Daytona's are literally GASping for help when I sit on it now.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #154
A buddy had 330's and boyyy were they long. I've settled on 300's, Kitaco OKD's. They are "used" (basically BNIB) set only put me back $70 USD shipped so worst case scenario, I'm not out a lot of money if I need to switch it up.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
That’s a long swinger on there. Needs some long shocks...and then maybe +1 fork legs up front.

Sorry, what size is the swingarm? These “white Zs” take to a longer swingarm much easier then your typical Z/monkey due to the dirt bike style fender. I was planning on running a +3 on my white dirt Z...as soon as I get my kiddies a CRF50 so dad can get it back:)

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #157
Davmo, thanks! I can still pick up a set of 330's, you can never have too many sets of shocks...or to many spare parts in general. I really like the way that sits, I'll order some +1's when I'm back in the US, idk why they aren't popular here.

Coop - It's a 16cm, I'm not sure what +# that is?

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
That’s a long swinger on there. Needs some long shocks...and then maybe +1 fork legs up front.

Sorry, what size is the swingarm? These “white Zs” take to a longer swingarm much easier then your typical Z/monkey due to the dirt bike style fender. I was planning on running a +3 on my white dirt Z...as soon as I get my kiddies a CRF50 so dad can get it back:)

Only this is no R. There is a rear light a license plate holder and a license plate in the way. And those original holders are becoming scarce, no new stock.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #159
Got the OKD's on there and they are awesome, really happy with that choice. I'll get a better picture tomorrow of how it sits.

Also, yay Motocompo!

141 - 160 of 214 Posts