PlanetMinis Forums banner

261 - 280 of 285 Posts

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Mounted with air is always different from static on the bench but if it is what it appears, you are going to gain a nice amount of height with the K75s. That’s a good think!! Extra gearing:) I’ve been running them for a 2 sets and cannot complain. Just keep an eye on the pressure and tread wear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #267 ·
Tim coming in with the amazing photoshop, your talents stretch far beyond the wrench!

She is sea worthy. I took 'er on the maiden voyage and it did very well. I meant to check the plug but I'll do that tomorrow. Also, according to those numbers I'm a bit low, so I'll match when you both suggested. Only had one slight mishap, both of my swingarm tensioner bolts backed out and the chain got REAL loose. Luckily I was down by P1 Moto and was able to borrow an 8mm to fix it up. Going to need a nut on the inside or some blue loctite for sure.

Does 60 MPH seem good? Honestly, I'm happy with it. It allows me to travel with secondary road traffic and get out of my own way if needed.

108cc stroker
16/31
CRF 3 speed with clutch
8" K75 tires.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Do you have a tach on it? I’d be really interested to see what you are cranking at speed. I believe I’ve hit 65 on mine but that was down a long hill and in a salt flat style speed tuck. It was limited to the RPMs though. I believe it was cranking 10,500...and that seemed like plenty to me!!

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #271 ·
Just knocked out a 12 mile ride with no issues. I may go the VT plate route on this too instead of riding dirty. I really don't think I can convince a cop it's a stock 49cc bike with an exhaust on it. Cylinder isn't stamped anything so there is nothing to say it's not but cruising at 55mph, they'd have to be stupid to ignore me.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #274 ·
Supercharged! It's a 1989 Subaru Rex VX, the only one in the US and one of three (that I can find after years of digging) left in the world. It's been my daily for the last month because my Forester has issues I can't figured out.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I didn’t realize just how rare that little gem was. Obviously, I’m a huge fan of the whole “mighty mini” scene. So, load the Baja in the back, rock it on up to NJ. We can rip “mini” cars AND mini bike!! Cars on some twisties and bikes through NYC. Haha.

So, I went the VT route with my bike. Not sure what your state is like but I can’t see why it would matter but your current CC is...unless they classify it by specific CC down your way. Like there are special rules for under 50cc or you need different license for over 250cc. Otherwise, what’s the difference from the guy down the road with a V8 swapped s10 pickup or V6 Miata?

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #276 ·
Under 49cc it's considered a low powered motor vehicle and can be ridden on the street by anyone who posses a valid drivers license. No reg, no insurance needed. Once you hit 51cc, everything is required. I did submit the C70 paperwork as 70cc, I should have just put 170cc because it wouldn't have mattered in the end.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Yeah, you might run into issues then. I guess it depends on what the rules are. The thing is, the motor is still the “same” as original. Are there rules that say it can’t go above a certain speed or not allowed on certain roads? I’m sure it’s not specified if modifications are restricted but they usually get around that by setting a max speed or only allowing bike to be ridden on roads with low speed limits.

I spent way too much time building my bike up. I wanted it to be totally and 100% legit and able to do anything. We all know/heard of people that slap a moped plate on a bike or find a cheap legal bike and use that VIN, I’m not a kid anymore and don’t need the to be taking anymore risks...over the fact that I am riding around on a tiny ass bike that is. If I were you, and you know the VT route will work in your state, I’d go that way.

Hang on, both these bikes were legally imported like your car, no? I imported and brokered 2 cars from abroad and typically you have to get all the correct paperwork when that happens.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #278 ·
The Cub was not imported, it's a 1980 Honda Passport C70 US model. The Baja was imported, I have the paperwork for it. I guess I can stroll down to the tag office tomorrow and see if I can register it here?

Here is the verbiage for GA.
MOPEDS
A moped is defined as any motor driven cycle with an engine not exceeding 50 cubic centimeters (3.05 cubic inches).

Mopeds are exempt from the provisions relating to the registration and licensing of motor vehicles.

Rules to operate mopeds on Georgia roads and highways:

1. Must be 15 years of age and have in their possession an unexpired driver's license, instructional permit or limited permit.
  2. Must wear protective headgear (motorcycle helmet).
  3. No tag is required.
  4. Every person operating a moped upon a roadway must obey the same traffic laws governing drivers of motor vehicles.
  5. May not use limited access highways or other roadways where the minimum speed limit is above 35 mph.
That last one will be the one to get me.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #280 ·
We're in my Baja build thread. My C70 already has a plate, no issue there. I know it gets confusing as we're talking about both here.

261 - 280 of 285 Posts