PlanetMinis Forums banner

221 - 233 of 233 Posts

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Oh man! That’s awesome!

So, is your “shop” right next to your bed? That’s hardcore...but totally get it. I lived in NYC in my early 20’s and used to use a GoPed to get around a lot. Lucky to be alive to be honest but I had to do more then a few repairs on my coffee table. I’ll never forget the look on my friends face when he walked in to find me mid way through a rebuild. He had NO idea what was going on. Haha

Wait!! Maybe you can make a table out of the yellow plastics!?? Cut and finish a piece of wood or metal to fit the cavity inside perfectly. Now THAT would be a great conversation piece!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #224
So because I've been stationed in Japan without my wife (thanks, Army) I was put in the barracks. I'm fortunate to have the room to myself because of my rank, some people are TWO to a room this exact size. For the last 7 years I have been building, restoring, and well whatever else I want in my small closet sized rooms. Not going to let lack of space stand between me and my hobbies. I've had leadership come into my room and ask what I'm doing, "Don't worry, I'll clean it up", is generally my response.

My garage in my new home will be 2x the size of my living space for the last 7 years. It hasn't sunk in yet. There is so much room for activities!

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #226 (Edited)
Just added another zero onto my $300 basket case. I didn't put in gas or oil and try to fire it up because I have to drain it all for shipping in 3 days but I'm confident it'll work when the time comes. Yes, I have new decals for the top cover, just too lazy to do them right now :D

Oh and here is the banana mobile. I picked it up cheap because it wouldn't start, gas wasn't getting to the carb. Pulled the tank and the petcock is missing it's filter/screen and it was completely gummed up. A blast of carb cleaner and it fired right up. I'll buy a new petcock to be on the safe side.

And here is ole great white, the whole family.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Damn! That’s just sick man. What a group!!

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
It’s been amazing to see man! Thanks for sharing

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I think we were all living vicariously through you man!

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #232
It was fun for sure. I'll try to get stationed out here again but it'll be difficult while I'm still in. Easier if I get out and get a government job.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Happy travels going home.

I posted a bigger monkey in the monkey/gorilla thread. Maybe you have seen one of those before. ;)

221 - 233 of 233 Posts