PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my ZB50 from the original owner in 2007 with 8 miles in perfect condition for 125$ at a yard sale here’s what it looks like today can anyone in the Phoenix area help my throttle cable and carb are trashed my tank and cap have been drilled out. It’s so painful seeing all the damage done but I’m happy to have her back

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,676 Posts
I find it hard to believe that you bought a bike with 8 miles on it for... $125. :bsflag: Especially with how rare the ZB50 really is. Your lucky if you find a nice speedometer for that price.
Can you please post a pic of the bike the way you got it 8 years ago in perfect condition in the same surroundings ?
tmas

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just looking for help in the Phoenix area to get my bike going any help would be appreciated or if anyone has any oem parts for sale I know I need brake light turn signals carb throttle cable and a tank mine has been trashed as soon as I find a replacement tank anyone wanting to try and restore my tank can have it just pay shipping or pick up

·
Registered
61 Posts
Just relo’d to Avondale from Houston. Kids race a couple CRF-50’s in minigp so I’m sure we have stock throttle cables, carbs, bars and exhaust.

·
Registered
23 Posts
that is Literally likely the most RARE mini bike to be had within the states as far as street legal goes! wow i have never even seen one in the states at usually on ebay from japan.. and i have see a mint one sell for 5 and 6,000$... there is a beat up frame alone with no title selling for 500$ + shipping for the frame alone ... for 125$ are you sure you didnt steal this and leave 125$ hahaha lol.. my bad i mean the type R version from japan.!. still in the states they are 2500$ all day

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got your parts. I’ll even give them to you for free. Throw that unicorn in the trunk/truck and bring it to Avondale. I’ve got to see it in person.
I sent you my personal information so we can get it going let’s get your kids riding around on it

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
that is Literally likely the most RARE mini bike to be had within the states as far as street legal goes! wow i have never even seen one in the states at usually on ebay from japan.. and i have see a mint one sell for 5 and 6,000$... there is a beat up frame alone with no title selling for 500$ + shipping for the frame alone ... for 125$ are you sure you didnt steal this and leave 125$ hahaha lol.. my bad i mean the type R version from japan.!. still in the states they are 2500$ all day
here’s the actual mileage when I bought it I’m so excited to have it back

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hello my little my friend!

Not my bike but I’m in nostalgia heaven. We will get this kitty to purr again. Of course with some tasteful engine mods.

Got so ahead of myself, we installed cable, new carb, spark plug, fresh oil then had a bit of a let down.

No compression.

Stay tuned!

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
The engine is sorted.

New 4 speed transmission
Bigger Carb with air box delete
Performance Cam
High flow oil pump
New ish head and cylinder
New valve springs.

This unicorn going back to its original owner for some powder coating and a new life.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The engine is sorted.

New 4 speed transmission
Performance Cam
High flow oil pump
New valve springs.

This unicorn going back to its original owner for some powder coating and a new life.
Can’t wait for powder coat bars and lights are done then we plate it

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The engine is sorted.

New 4 speed transmission
Performance Cam
High flow oil pump
New valve springs.

The engine is sorted.

New 4 speed transmission
Performance Cam
High flow oil pump
New valve springs.

Can’t wait for powder coat bars and lights are done then we plate it
Thanks guys your nephew rocks

·
Registered
27 Posts
Really cool to see something like this actually be recovered and sort of intact. I'm sure it was a rough 8 years for the ZB but neat that it found its way home! Congrats with the project.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts