PlanetMinis Forums banner

1988 Honda ZB50 Owners Listing

76K views 244 replies 140 participants last post by  Steve3nn8 
#1 ·
All,

Since only 3058 ZB50's were manufactured for the US market in 1988, Which bike do you have?

All the Vins were exactly the same except for the last 4 digits of the consecutive unit number.

The first ZB50 sold to the public was 0006

The last ZB50 sold to the public was 3064

Who has the earliest production bike?

Who has the last bike made for American Honda?

#182 ·
CDN #96 with papers. Don't have any pics yet but it's a 7-8/10, 1200kms. Needs new headlight ears, signals, mirrors and fork reflectors are missing. Seat has a tiny tear in one spot. The ZB signals look like XL signals of the same era. Anyone know if this is the case?

#191 ·
I have Canadian bike #117 (561 KM or 349 miles)...and I just sold #141 (1020KM)...both bikes were bought by the same owner from Riverside Honda in 1992. I have the owners manual and NVIS statement from Honda. Apparently, Riverside Honda had 8-12 of these bikes in stock in '92....mine were purchased on August 20, 1992...a friend of mine said he bought one for his son brand new back in '92 as well...as you know, they were not popular items...he recalls them having 8-12 of these on the floor....clearance items...he can't remember exactly but he thinks the salesman told him that Honda Canada sold Riverside a bulk amount of these bikes because they weren't selling...he can't remember if they took them from other dealers and sold them to Honda (not likely) or they had some sitting around and they sold them to Riverside at a discount deal....TMAS brought to my attention that my tires are not correct...my buddy (avid collector and used motorcycle shop owner in Edmonton...Recycle Motorcycle) swears that every ZB50 he has sold in his shop or that he has seen in Western Canada had the knobby tires on them...we are thinking that most people out here had the street tires removed at time of purchase and had the knobbies put on....wish I could find a set of original tires for my bike...oh well...

Attachments

#200 · (Edited)
I'm a long time lurker here on PM. A big fan of hardtail Z50's and old CT70's. I,ve always liked the ZB50 too. I bought mine a year or so ago for $1500. Drove to Indiana to pick it up. Then it was stolen out of my garage early last November. Recovered about 2 weeks later, undamaged. I respect that it's a rare and mostly complete bike. I only plan to make changes that can be reversed. Mainly just a motor and a pipe, tires, rear shock. Came with a title, front signals in a box with wires cut, and mirrors. Missing only the small muffler heat shield. Runs and rides.

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Motor vehicle
Vehicle Automotive exterior Auto part Subcompact car Car
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Honda

#201 ·
I just picked up number 2539 with clear title from original owner. 600 some miles on it. Needs rear turn signal stays, a rear fender, an air box and some other odds and ends but I am looking forward to riding soon.
I hope to get its sister soon, the guy bough it from purchased it new and bought 2 of them and he thinks he knows where the second one is...

#207 ·
I've had this ZB50 for well over 20 years... have maybe ridden it 10x was just a cool little bike to have sitting in the warehouse... not knowing it was "rare" I let my then 7yo learn to ride it.. (yeah i know :) ) anyway as it stands it has 701 miles on it... my son now 12 wants it BAD but he has a rat rodded RAZZ he's built and he sold his 1970 z50 that he restored and now he's working on a custom C70... I've let him ride the ZB a few times to school so he has street cred... the #'s on this one are
1734 it was missing the turn signals when I got it and still is... other than that it's always been inside.. with treated fuel in it... and I start it regularly...