PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

New here, and just looking for advice,I found a1985 z50r two years ago in a barn, the owner told me his son rode it one time, hit a tree and never rode it again. The front forks were bent and there was a dent in the tank caused by the handlebars.I bought the bike for $125.00, and took it home.and he was right, everything was frozen., chain, wheels, motor.the only thing I salvaged was the frame, and bottom end, I want to restore it. And any advice will be helpful.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Im currently restoring an 84, but making it into a chrome special replica. I bought a new red fuel tank, took it out of the box and put it right back in and bought a chrome tank instead. Would sell tank, cap, and fuel valve for $60, its brand new from TB Parts.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Hello everyone,

New here, and just looking for advice,I found a1985 z50r two years ago in a barn, the owner told me his son rode it one time, hit a tree and never rode it again. The front forks were bent and there was a dent in the tank caused by the handlebars.I bought the bike for $125.00, and took it home.and he was right, everything was frozen., chain, wheels, motor.the only thing I salvaged was the frame, and bottom end, I want to restore it. And any advice will be helpful.

just cause everythings frozen doesnt mean its junk..youd be suprized at what some soaking in PB blaster or better yet KROIL will do...

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
"some" auto parts stores carry it tho many have never heard of it..its "aircraft grade"..meaning..if kroil doesnt work...NOTHING but heat will..their old cans actualy stated aircraft grade..tho i do i dont know if he newwwer cans still state it...its soo good it makes pb blaster look marginaly better than WD40

Penetrating-Lubricating Oils

·
Registered
426 Posts
"some" auto parts stores carry it tho many have never heard of it..its "aircraft grade"..meaning..if kroil doesnt work...NOTHING but heat will..their old cans actualy stated aircraft grade..tho i do i dont know if he newwwer cans still state it...its soo good it makes pb blaster look marginaly better than WD40 Penetrating-Lubricating Oils
Wow, PB was the bomb, this stuff must be nuclear. Gotta try some

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
ive used kroil to break stuck 1950 STUCK air cooled engines apart...that had clearly sat in a field for 40 years..and some 50's n 60's auto stuff that was well rusted...

PB works good on the really oil/greasy stuff thats stuck...kroil works best on the dryed out RUST rusted stuff

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.