PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Figure it is time to start a build thread.

Plan is to keep it 70cc for a while until the kids get bigger (currently 4y and 5m) Might add a high comp piston and port the head for a little more umph, but that wont be for a while.

I have new 8x8 rims and used 8x6 rims. Not sure which I am going to go with yet.
450ex axle hubs
1.5" wheel spacers

Have new 8" duro tires for the rear and a 7" for the front. Not sure what to do about the front rim yet. Might just paint the stock rim and run it until I come across a nice 7" rim.

Good buddy of mine plastic welded the fenders and cleaned them up. Fixed the dents in the tank and made me a grab bar.

Still to do:
-Wire in a stop switch (currently pulling off the plug wire to stop it)
-Trimming the front fender and re-attaching it.
-Paint tank and new decals
-replace or sand blast and paint exhaust pipe/muffler
-Possibly sand blast and powder coat things if I can find a place that doesn't charge an arm and a leg..

Day I picked her up:

Attachments

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looking at getting the front axle conversion kit so I can run a 4x110 rim. Anyone know of a nice 7" 4x110 rim?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Looking at getting the front axle conversion kit so I can run a 4x110 rim. Anyone know of a nice 7" 4x110 rim?
I think DWT Blue Label rims are available in 7" 4x110 and very nice.

I considered doing this conversion. Instead, bought a nice set of DWTs and was done with it. I actually have 2 sets, they're not bad!

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Started on adding the new rims and tires:

cleaned everything, check the brakes, cleaned the brake drum. Also cleaned the sprocket and assembly with degreaser and starter fluid.

Any tips for this exhaust? sand blast and high temp paint? Or worth it to go with a pitbike exhaust?

Chain and sprocket looked like it had never been cleaned.. Scrubbed off years worth of silicone spray, wd40, and who knows what else.

Degreaser didn't help much. Simple green and wiping with a cloth worked best.

450 or 400ex hubs. I think they add +1".

Once the hubs where on I put on the 1.5" spacers, started her up and polished them with some emery cloth.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Went to Les schwab and they would not mount the tires because the rims are rolled.. Called a local shop and they wont have time tell next week.. :(

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Anyone know if the chain guard and brake drum cover are aluminum or steel? Considering polishing them or powder coating them.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Nice appears to be the same tire as the Hondaatc70.com bike on there front page which I really like. Really want to run that wheel/tire/hub setup

·
Registered
81 Posts
That’s a cool bike!! Wonder what exhaust he is running? Quincy are you gonna split the cases and replace crank seal etc? Hurry up and get the tires on!!

·
Registered
532 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Did you end up with the 18x9.5-8's?

Is your plan to run a 8x6 front rim with a 18×7-8" tire?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I got the 18x9.5-8 for the rear and a 18x8-7 for the front. Thinking other then buying the adapter (90$) to run the 4/110 rims + the cost of the rim, I can just buy a 7" inch rim. I will probably clean up and rattle can the stock rim chrome until I find a nice polished aluminum rim for her. :D

1 - 20 of 43 Posts